MEMORY PROBLEM!!!

After I used system restore it took a lot of memory from my computer, and it
never happened before. What can I do to get the memory back?

Do you mean disk space. That is NOT memory. Memory is RAM and the maximum
amount is always a constant! Depends upon how much you physically have
installed.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"COMPUTER PROBLEM" <COMPUTER PROBLEM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:ED212A64-D014-4528-B62C-3F26D37E1D53@microsoft.com...

COMPUTER PROBLEM wrote:
> After I used system restore it took a lot of memory from my computer,
> and it never happened before. What can I do to get the memory back?

System Restore only restores system files.

It COULD have taken memory (RAM) away from you only if you had turned off
lots of services, etc after the restore point you are referring to as the
one you restored from.

Now - if you meant "disk space" and you aren't actually saying you applied a
system restore but started using it..

(This, of course, will erase any previous restore point you have.)

- Turn off System Restore.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405
- Reboot.
- Turn on System Restore.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405
- Make a Manual Restoration Point.
http://snipurl.com/68nx

--
<- Shenan ->

Hi,

I am assuming you are talking about disk space. Open My Computer,
right click on the C:\ drive and select properties. What is the total
size and amount of free disk space reported?

Open System Restore and click on System Restore Setting. Do the above
for each monitored drive and report back.

Keeping System Restore Healthy
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/healthy.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

"COMPUTER PROBLEM" wrote:

> After I used system restore it took a lot of memory from my computer, and it
> never happened before. What can I do to get the memory back?

How specifically do you know that this happened?

Why did you run System Restore?

What do you mean by "it took a lot of memory from my computer"?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
FCA