sound control

When I am listening to music, the sytem sounds (i.e.game sounds, folder
sounds, etc.) also play at same volume as music. I would like to mute other
sounds while listening to music and cannot figure out how I do this.
Can anyone help me?

"pufmagdra" wrote:

> When I am listening to music, the sytem sounds (i.e.game sounds, folder
> sounds, etc.) also play at same volume as music. I would like to mute other
> sounds while listening to music and cannot figure out how I do this.
> Can anyone help me?

You will need to go to Start>Control Panel> Sounds and audio Devices>then
select the Sounds Tab> click on each of the Program events listed and in the
Sound section you will see None or something else change them to None and you
will not hear them anymore. Also, if you are listening through a headset
make sure you unplug the adapter for the microphone, this will also mute the
other items you hear.