I am having trouble formating my second hard drive. Windoes will not allow me
to format it because it says that there are some files in use on this drive,
however i know there are none because the only files that exist on the drive
are from a old game i installed about 2 years ago and have since formated my
C drive and reinstalled a new version of windows. Is there any way of me
forcing the drive to be formatted though a command promt? Thankyou for any
assistance you can provide. Matt Clark

Try removing the drive letter assignment in Disk Management, then after
restart; format.
Start|Run|diskmgmt.msc

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"mattclark120" wrote:
|I am having trouble formating my second hard drive. Windoes will not allow
me
| to format it because it says that there are some files in use on this
drive,
| however i know there are none because the only files that exist on the
drive
| are from a old game i installed about 2 years ago and have since formated
my
| C drive and reinstalled a new version of windows. Is there any way of me
| forcing the drive to be formatted though a command promt? Thankyou for any
| assistance you can provide. Matt Clark

Boot your system up from a floppy startup disk. Then format it from
the floppy.
TonySper

"mattclark120" <mattclark120@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:5908036D-0556-40AC-9EE9-2F65228F111A@microsoft.com...