Antec TrueBlue 480 with low 12V

Hello,

I am seeing 11.720 and sometimes 11.62 (Using the giga-byte software) on my 12 rail. Should I be concern with the Antec TrueBlue power supply? My system keeps on crashing, but not sure if this is a motherboard issue. I get a blue screen IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL.

Is there a better utility to check my rail ratings, using hardware or software?

Best regards,

Peter

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by peterjedi on 01/15/04 10:44 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
5 answers Last reply
More about antec trueblue
  1. Those are bad voltage levels, but still considered acceptable by the industry, leaving you no recourse. Chances are your error is caused by a memory issue, you can try raising vDIMM or increasing the latencies.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  2. I swapped memory and CPU from a working P4T533-C motherboard (2 years running without problems). The memory and CPU are fine. The Motherboard is GA-8IHXP 3.0 (Used and off Ebay). It reboots everytime I try to run Multimedia TV. It reboots sometimes when I install software. On occasion it reboots when I am surfing the web.

I had a defective sound chip on the motherboard. When I turn off the sound the crashes became rare. Anyhow I RMA'ed the board, the sound was fixed, but the crashes returned.

I was 80% sure its my motherboard and 20% power supply. I think I am 90% sure its the motherboard.

Thanks for everyone's help,

Peter

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by peterjedi on 01/15/04 10:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  3. I do not agree with you. Those are not bad volage at all. It is around 4% from 12 Volt. It is well within the tolerance. 5% tolerance is considered as high quality by the PSU industry. Anything within 10% is consider acceptable by the Industry.
  4. I know, I know, I'm substituting what's "acceptable" with what's "ideal". Ideal is based on observation. My experience tell me anything from 11.9v to ~13.5v provides optimal stability. This is outside the industry standard of +-5%. I prefer mine to be between 12.1 and 12.8v.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  5. TruePower should be within 3%. However it's best to check with a voltmeter. That way at least you can determine what the PSU is really pumping out versus what the motherboard thinks it's getting.

AntecRep
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Software Components