Power issues....

MacOSXIII

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2003
please guys.. i need help.. my FX5900 Ultra is not receiving sufficient power.. i have checked my molex connector, and it is in place..other devices using molex connectors are 2 case fans and coolermaster jet 4 blower. .. AGP voltage is set at 1.5V(default). oh.. and i am using a generic power supply that comes with the casing.. this prob surfaced this morning when i was playing games.. since i'll be leaving for my campus (which is located at the most rural of all areas, no internet, no tech support) the day after tomorrow... i need to solve this one quick.. what should i do? change power supply(suggestion?) thanks in advance..

afterdark

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2003
Why are you so sure the problem is caused by lack of power?

Try changing out your power supply for one with more power. If you're ordering off the internet, a generic power supply will be fine. Get one that's 500W or more.

I use this one:
http://www.amamax.com/pomabyxcgowa1.html

I've had some bad experiences with real life computer stores just putting bad power supplies back on the shelf, so if you must go to a brick and mortar store buy something brand name.

If switching your power supply doesn't work you could simply have a bad video card.