Sign in with
Your question

BF3 Driver Crashes?

Last response: in Video Games
December 27, 2011 9:55:29 AM

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing CTD during single player of battlefield 3.

The crashing will be gone for a few hours after reinstalling nvidia drivers. But after 1 day, when I play again, the crashes goes back.

In example,

initially I have 285.62 drivers installed -> bf3 crashes non stop.
installed 290.36 BETA drivers -> bf3 crashing stopped. Played until 3rd mission then decided to continue game the next day. The next day, crashes went back.
installed 290.53 BETA drivers -> crashing once again disappeared. Played 2nd and 3rd mission. Decided to continue game the next day again. The next day, crashing went back again.

Does anyone have experiences like this?
What could be the problem in my setup?

Haven't touched MP yet because I have no reliable internet as of the moment. Only testing out the SP.

Thanks in advance.

More about : bf3 driver crashes

December 28, 2011 10:17:37 PM

I had the same problem, and got the fix today and it fixes everything. Just follow what this guy says to do , not very hard. I thought my vid card was gone 560ti, then my ram was junk. But nope just a simple comand in a DOS program.

http://www.pixelshine.net/howto/2011/11/23/battlefield-...

hybr33d said:
Hello everyone,

I am experiencing CTD during single player of battlefield 3.

The crashing will be gone for a few hours after reinstalling nvidia drivers. But after 1 day, when I play again, the crashes goes back.

In example,

initially I have 285.62 drivers installed -> bf3 crashes non stop.
installed 290.36 BETA drivers -> bf3 crashing stopped. Played until 3rd mission then decided to continue game the next day. The next day, crashes went back.
installed 290.53 BETA drivers -> crashing once again disappeared. Played 2nd and 3rd mission. Decided to continue game the next day again. The next day, crashing went back again.

Does anyone have experiences like this?
What could be the problem in my setup?

Haven't touched MP yet because I have no reliable internet as of the moment. Only testing out the SP.

Thanks in advance.

m
l
December 29, 2011 2:34:20 PM

Tried it but still experiencing crashes. It just takes longer to crash now. Thanks anyway for the help. Appreciate it :D 
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2011 4:10:35 PM

do you experience crashes with other games? Is this a new build or older with upgrades?

how are your temperatures?
m
l
December 30, 2011 1:29:10 AM

AntiZig said:
do you experience crashes with other games? Is this a new build or older with upgrades?

how are your temperatures?

This is a new build and no other crashes except battlefield3. I can play Witcher2, crysis warhead and other games fine. Unigine Heaven and 3dmark11 executes with no problem as well.

I think my temperatures are fine. On my core i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz tops at 72C with coretemp. On my gtx 580 @ 900mhz, tops at 67C.

m
l
December 30, 2011 2:20:33 AM

hmm so it seems like a driver issue in your case but it's as if it rolls back after you restart the PC, right?

Are you sure you don't have some security software that rolls back the changes at reboot/shutdown?
m
l
December 30, 2011 4:51:48 PM

Is this happening at Fear no Evil, when you pull away in the 2 tanks? I updated the drivers for my GTX480 and the game ran fine until this stage. It just freezes but it seems more like a bug.
m
l
December 31, 2011 2:52:05 PM

AntiZig said:
hmm so it seems like a driver issue in your case but it's as if it rolls back after you restart the PC, right?

Are you sure you don't have some security software that rolls back the changes at reboot/shutdown?

Im sure I don't have that kind of software. Settings that i changed in nvidia control panel is not removed when I restart.
However, restarting the PC does not bring up the crashes again. As far as my observation goes, it is after 1 day that the crashes started to occur again. Really weird.

At first, I thought that restarting the PC would bring back the crashes so I did not restart or shut down, then I played till 1am in the morning and then I tried restarting just to verifty my theory.. and then It did not crash. So I was happy that Battlefield is crash-free already. Then the next day, the crashes came back. :( 
m
l
December 31, 2011 2:54:08 PM

What card, clocks and voltage are you using? BF3 is fickle with gpu overclocks and most of these driver CTD's are actually related to unstable overclocks (factory or custom).
m
l
December 31, 2011 3:00:40 PM

shep66 said:
Is this happening at Fear no Evil, when you pull away in the 2 tanks? I updated the drivers for my GTX480 and the game ran fine until this stage. It just freezes but it seems more like a bug.

I havent reached that stage yet. :) 
m
l
December 31, 2011 3:04:43 PM

hybr33d said:
I havent reached that stage yet. :) 

Just noticed that you mentioned your clock and card type in an above post. Try lowering the core clock speed to 850 and see if that improves stability, then work up from there if it does. My 570 also likes to CTD with the core clock at 900mhz. At 890 it behaves like a good boy. Who is to say why.
m
l
!