XP crashes - STOP Codes question

I continue to have problems related to XP crashing unexpectedly. Based on
info from an earlier thread (1/24/05) I checked the driver for my wireless
card (DLink) and it's fine.

Recently I have had several crashes with STOP codes similar to the following:
STOP 0X01 (0XFF83EDE8, 0X02,0X00,0XFA2146C1)
with an additional line saying:
Npfs.SYS - address at FA2146C1 base at FA214000 Datestamp 41107b86

At least some of the crashes ocurred when I was accessing another computer
on my home wireless network; no other problems related to the network though.

Any suggestions? What's Npfs.SYS?

Roddy

"Roddy MacD" <RoddyMacD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I continue to have problems related to XP crashing unexpectedly. Based on
>info from an earlier thread (1/24/05) I checked the driver for my wireless
>card (DLink) and it's fine.
>
>Recently I have had several crashes with STOP codes similar to the following:
>STOP 0X01 (0XFF83EDE8, 0X02,0X00,0XFA2146C1)
>with an additional line saying:
>Npfs.SYS - address at FA2146C1 base at FA214000 Datestamp 41107b86

NPFS.SYS is part of Windows XP. Try the System File Checker:
"Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker
(Sfc.exe)" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310747).

--
(tm)

Type verifier in Start Run and follow the wizard. npfs may not be the problem but the component that is catching the error. This checks all drivers as they work (which is slower) and hopefully result in different error codes.
Named pipes file system driver

A pipe is a section of shared memory that processes use for communication. The process that creates a pipe is the pipe server. A process that connects to a pipe is a pipe client. One process writes information to the pipe, then the other process reads the information from the pipe. This overview describes how to create, manage, and use pipes.

"Roddy MacD" <RoddyMacD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:009D8AA4-4162-4FFC-A2EA-CF8B582BD202@microsoft.com...
>I continue to have problems related to XP crashing unexpectedly. Based on
> info from an earlier thread (1/24/05) I checked the driver for my wireless
> card (DLink) and it's fine.
>
> Recently I have had several crashes with STOP codes similar to the following:
> STOP 0X01 (0XFF83EDE8, 0X02,0X00,0XFA2146C1)
> with an additional line saying:
> Npfs.SYS - address at FA2146C1 base at FA214000 Datestamp 41107b86
>
> At least some of the crashes ocurred when I was accessing another computer
> on my home wireless network; no other problems related to the network though.
>
> Any suggestions? What's Npfs.SYS?
>
> Roddy

TRENDING THREADS