Cant use recovery console -Part 2

Thankyou Galen and Will for your reply.I tried your suggestions but didnt
have any luck.I did try a suggestion from another post when I did a search
for "unmountable boot volume" in the Hardware News Group. George pointed me
to a link that suggested that I take the suspect harddrive out and swap it
with one on a good system.Well I exchanged the harddrive into a system
exactly the same and what happened was at least this time it tried to
boot.But I received a message at the bottom telling me to boot from disk.So I
did this and ran chkdsk /r and after that the harddrive booted no problem,the
system up and running.Well now I switched the drive back into the old system
and it wont boot and I cant run the recovery console after entering "1'', it
just does nothing.Does this mean there's something wrong with the MB or some
other thing in the bad system??As a note I also tried to run a hard drive
diagnostic tool -PowerMax- but it exited right away stating "Exiting due to
SIGFPE floating point exception!!! Whatever that means!!! Any advice is
greatly apprieciated again.Thankyou for your time and patience.

"Deanoid" wrote:

> After getting continuous reboots with the split second blue screen stating
> "unmountable boot volume", I try to run RC from the XP CD and after entering
> the number "1",nothing happens after that. Also tried a reinstall of Windows
> and it hangs and does nothing else after hitting F8 to accept the license
> agreement. Message on bottom just stays on "Searching for previos versions of
> Windows". Cant get into safe mode,last known configuration etc. When I try to
> boot to safe mode it hangs on "mup.sys". Any advice is greatly apprieciated
> and TY in advance.Deanoid

HI there
Did you try , Set your BIOS to default settings.
I have had that happen and for saome reason the BIOS got messed up, but
cured it for me.
Hope this helps.

--
Carl G
"Deanoid" <Deanoid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thankyou Galen and Will for your reply.I tried your suggestions but didnt
> have any luck.I did try a suggestion from another post when I did a search
> for "unmountable boot volume" in the Hardware News Group. George pointed
> me
> to a link that suggested that I take the suspect harddrive out and swap it
> with one on a good system.Well I exchanged the harddrive into a system
> exactly the same and what happened was at least this time it tried to
> boot.But I received a message at the bottom telling me to boot from
> disk.So I
> did this and ran chkdsk /r and after that the harddrive booted no
> problem,the
> system up and running.Well now I switched the drive back into the old
> system
> and it wont boot and I cant run the recovery console after entering "1'',
> it
> just does nothing.Does this mean there's something wrong with the MB or
> some
> other thing in the bad system??As a note I also tried to run a hard drive
> diagnostic tool -PowerMax- but it exited right away stating "Exiting due
> SIGFPE floating point exception!!! Whatever that means!!! Any advice is
> greatly apprieciated again.Thankyou for your time and patience.
>
> "Deanoid" wrote:
>
>> After getting continuous reboots with the split second blue screen
>> stating
>> "unmountable boot volume", I try to run RC from the XP CD and after
>> entering
>> the number "1",nothing happens after that. Also tried a reinstall of
>> Windows
>> and it hangs and does nothing else after hitting F8 to accept the license
>> agreement. Message on bottom just stays on "Searching for previos
>> versions of
>> Windows". Cant get into safe mode,last known configuration etc. When I
>> try to
>> boot to safe mode it hangs on "mup.sys". Any advice is greatly
>> apprieciated
>> and TY in advance.Deanoid

Viola!!! Yes ,Thankyou Mr. G! After resetting BIOS I was able to run recovery
console and get the system up and running. Thanks again(and Mom Thanksyou -It
is her computer!) Deanoid