Problem with trying to remove a file in "Add or Remove Pro..

March 21, 2005 1:06:06 PM

Well, first I go to the Control Panel, then click on Add
or Remove Programs. Then when I try to remove a certain
program, a little windows pops up that is titled, "Wise
Uninstall", and has a message saying, "Could not open
INSTALL.LOG file".

I have Windows XP, and I don't know how to fix this, your
help would be appreciated, thanks.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 4:21:03 PM

If you inadvertently deleted the program's install.log,
then there is no record of how to uninstall the program.
You can reinstall the program, then uninstall it, or try
the following:

Download the free thirty-day trial version of
System Mechanic and use the Software Uninstaller
utility. Visit: http://www.iolo.com/sm/5/index.cfm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"John" wrote:

| Well, first I go to the Control Panel, then click on Add
| or Remove Programs. Then when I try to remove a certain
| program, a little windows pops up that is titled, "Wise
| Uninstall", and has a message saying, "Could not open
| INSTALL.LOG file".
|
| I have Windows XP, and I don't know how to fix this, your
| help would be appreciated, thanks.
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 11:03:03 PM

Is there anyone who can give me the steps to delete web sites under "history"
that I have visited??

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> If you inadvertently deleted the program's install.log,
> then there is no record of how to uninstall the program.
> You can reinstall the program, then uninstall it, or try
> the following:
>
> Download the free thirty-day trial version of
> System Mechanic and use the Software Uninstaller
> utility. Visit: http://www.iolo.com/sm/5/index.cfm
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "John" wrote:
>
> | Well, first I go to the Control Panel, then click on Add
> | or Remove Programs. Then when I try to remove a certain
> | program, a little windows pops up that is titled, "Wise
> | Uninstall", and has a message saying, "Could not open
> | INSTALL.LOG file".
> |
> | I have Windows XP, and I don't know how to fix this, your
> | help would be appreciated, thanks.

March 31, 2005 11:58:47 PM

go into ie
tools menu/internet options. general tab. under history, clear history
button. push it. job done.

if you want something so you can be more selective, buy norton systemworks.

!