Modern Warfare 3 Crashes

Why does COD MW3 crash when it starts to load the first mission after the video when soap was been taken to a hospital,right after that when it loads it crashes.

Are there any fixes or something?

Thanks
20 answers Last reply
More about modern warfare crashes
  1. What are your system specs?
    Does any sorts of error pop up, before the crashing occurs?
  2. Buy Battlefield 3 ;)
  3. n-dru said:
    Buy Battlefield 3 ;)

Lol i can download it for free,which i alredy did and i played the game,it was too short.
  4. Gman450 said:
    What are your system specs?
    Does any sorts of error pop up, before the crashing occurs?

Oh no,nothing that serious is just a Direct X error.

Intel Core i7 950

Nvidia GeForce 465GTX 1GB

Corsair Dominator 3X2GB 1660mhz

----

Yes,when the first mission loads,the game crashes but it still has the sound on,i mean its still responding but in a black screen and i can hear what the operator of the mission is saying,i just cant see anything its black screen until i close the game.

The error is, "Dirext X has encountered an unrecovable error"

I have heard it fixes when you put your settings to "High" instead of "Extra" which i did and i stopped getting it.

But is there any way you can fix this error even in Max graphics?

Thanks
  5. fan said:
    Why does COD MW3 crash when it starts to load the first mission after the video when soap was been taken to a hospital,right after that when it loads it crashes.

Are there any fixes or something?

"Dirext X has encountered an unrecovable Error"

Thanks
  6. Are your video card drivers up to date?
    Might be a problem with the game itself. Your best bet would be is to play it with 'high'.
  7. Gman450 said:
    Are your video card drivers up to date?
    Might be a problem with the game itself. Your best bet would be is to play it with 'high'.

Yes i do check nvidia to see if they made some driver updates for downloads,but the best updated driver is 285 at the moment which i am using now.
  8. Is the game patched to the latest version?
  9. Also, does any other game crash with the same type of error?
  10. Gman450 said:
    Also, does any other game crash with the same type of error?

Nope.
  11. Gman450 said:
    Is the game patched to the latest version?

I think so,since there are no more fixes released for the Reloaded version.
  12. Seems to me, your option would be is to play that level in 'High' and then revert it back to 'Extra' after the first level.
  13. Maybe there is a patch, sounds like you are running a pirate copy to me.
  14. fan said:
    I think so,since there are no more fixes released for the Reloaded version.

Reloaded?
  15. Well i downloaded form a legal site that requires invites,yes its called like "Reloaded" Or "Skidrow"

could be pirated,but i have downloaded way more good games from there and there were no such problems.
  16. fan said:
    Well i downloaded form a legal site that requires invites,yes its called like "Reloaded" Or "Skidrow"

could be pirated,but i have downloaded way more good games from there and there were no such problems.

So it is a pirate copy, id check the comments section of the torrent if you are having problems.

What makes you think its legal?
  17. All reloaded and skidrow games are illegal crackes. I think your best bet is to check with outher people using that crack, or you can just buy the game.
  18. A little of topic but check this

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/02/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-tweaks-guide/

I had a problem with the image quality, turns out the "extra"-option makes it all blury, run it in "native" if u can.
  19. semperfidelis said:
    A little of topic but check this

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/02/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-tweaks-guide/

I had a problem with the image quality, turns out the "extra"-option makes it all blury, run it in "native" if u can.

Thanks!
  20. bumnut53 said:
    So it is a pirate copy, id check the comments section of the torrent if you are having problems.

What makes you think its legal?

It is illegal,i dont think its legal.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Call of Duty Video Crash Video Games