LG VX6100 as wireless modem

Last response: in Network Providers
a b F Wireless
January 4, 2005 4:34:17 AM

I've seen USB cables sold that claim to let this phone work as a modem.
Anyone have any experience with these? How fast are the transfer
speeds? Thanks.

More about : vx6100 wireless modem

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 4, 2005 10:18:50 AM

Mark P said the following on 1/4/2005 1:34 AM:
> I've seen USB cables sold that claim to let this phone work as a modem.
> Anyone have any experience with these? How fast are the transfer
> speeds? Thanks.

I'm using it as a slow speed modem. This is the free service. It uses
your airtime plan. It's 19.2kb. Works fine for me for simple mail and
text. I use Datapilot. It has the s/w and cable.

Don't know what the high speed service throughput is though.

--

Kirk

"Screw the planes, take a train", Me
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 12:16:09 AM

"'Captain' Kirk DeHaan" <captkirkREMOVE@MEsandpoint.net> wrote in message
news:D u6dnfTIHeJHLkfcRVn-uw@povn.com...
| Mark P said the following on 1/4/2005 1:34 AM:
| > I've seen USB cables sold that claim to let this phone work as a modem.
| > Anyone have any experience with these? How fast are the transfer
| > speeds? Thanks.
|
| I'm using it as a slow speed modem. This is the free service. It uses
| your airtime plan. It's 19.2kb. Works fine for me for simple mail and
| text. I use Datapilot. It has the s/w and cable.
|
| Don't know what the high speed service throughput is though.

Are there *ANY* phones that interface with the Max OS for interconnection?
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 2:22:30 PM

Not Me said the following on 1/5/2005 6:16 PM:
> "'Captain' Kirk DeHaan" <captkirkREMOVE@MEsandpoint.net> wrote in message
> news:D u6dnfTIHeJHLkfcRVn-uw@povn.com...
> | Mark P said the following on 1/4/2005 1:34 AM:
> | > I've seen USB cables sold that claim to let this phone work as a modem.
> | > Anyone have any experience with these? How fast are the transfer
> | > speeds? Thanks.
> |
> | I'm using it as a slow speed modem. This is the free service. It uses
> | your airtime plan. It's 19.2kb. Works fine for me for simple mail and
> | text. I use Datapilot. It has the s/w and cable.
> |
> | Don't know what the high speed service throughput is though.
> |

> Are there *ANY* phones that interface with the Max OS for interconnection?

Try this and see if it meets your needs.

http://www.susteen.com/mac_features.htm

--

Kirk

"Screw the planes, take a train", Me
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 9:44:30 PM

In article <343lbiF43bk23U2@individual.net>, Not Me <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>"'Captain' Kirk DeHaan" <captkirkREMOVE@MEsandpoint.net> wrote in message
>news:D u6dnfTIHeJHLkfcRVn-uw@povn.com...
>| Mark P said the following on 1/4/2005 1:34 AM:
>| > I've seen USB cables sold that claim to let this phone work as a modem.
>| > Anyone have any experience with these? How fast are the transfer
>| > speeds? Thanks.
>|
>| I'm using it as a slow speed modem. This is the free service. It uses
>| your airtime plan. It's 19.2kb. Works fine for me for simple mail and
>| text. I use Datapilot. It has the s/w and cable.
>|
>| Don't know what the high speed service throughput is though.
>|

>Are there *ANY* phones that interface with the Max OS for interconnection?

If you get a cable for the phone (serial/usb) and possibly a USB -> Serial
adapter for the Mac, I would think you would be all set with setting up
the phone as a simple serial modem.

Scott
!