LG VX6100 as wireless modem

I've seen USB cables sold that claim to let this phone work as a modem.
Anyone have any experience with these? How fast are the transfer
speeds? Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about vx6100 wireless modem

    Mark P said the following on 1/4/2005 1:34 AM:
    > I've seen USB cables sold that claim to let this phone work as a modem.
    > Anyone have any experience with these? How fast are the transfer
    > speeds? Thanks.

    I'm using it as a slow speed modem. This is the free service. It uses
    your airtime plan. It's 19.2kb. Works fine for me for simple mail and
    text. I use Datapilot. It has the s/w and cable.

    Don't know what the high speed service throughput is though.

    --

    Kirk

    "Screw the planes, take a train", Me

    "'Captain' Kirk DeHaan" <captkirkREMOVE@MEsandpoint.net> wrote in message
    | Mark P said the following on 1/4/2005 1:34 AM:
    | > I've seen USB cables sold that claim to let this phone work as a modem.
    | > Anyone have any experience with these? How fast are the transfer
    | > speeds? Thanks.
    |
    | I'm using it as a slow speed modem. This is the free service. It uses
    | your airtime plan. It's 19.2kb. Works fine for me for simple mail and
    | text. I use Datapilot. It has the s/w and cable.
    |
    | Don't know what the high speed service throughput is though.

    Are there *ANY* phones that interface with the Max OS for interconnection?

    Not Me said the following on 1/5/2005 6:16 PM:
    > "'Captain' Kirk DeHaan" <captkirkREMOVE@MEsandpoint.net> wrote in message
    > | Mark P said the following on 1/4/2005 1:34 AM:
    > | > I've seen USB cables sold that claim to let this phone work as a modem.
    > | > Anyone have any experience with these? How fast are the transfer
    > | > speeds? Thanks.
    > |
    > | I'm using it as a slow speed modem. This is the free service. It uses
    > | your airtime plan. It's 19.2kb. Works fine for me for simple mail and
    > | text. I use Datapilot. It has the s/w and cable.
    > |
    > | Don't know what the high speed service throughput is though.
    > |

    > Are there *ANY* phones that interface with the Max OS for interconnection?

    Try this and see if it meets your needs.

    http://www.susteen.com/mac_features.htm

    --

    In article <343lbiF43bk23U2@individual.net>, Not Me <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    >"'Captain' Kirk DeHaan" <captkirkREMOVE@MEsandpoint.net> wrote in message
    >| Mark P said the following on 1/4/2005 1:34 AM:
    >| > I've seen USB cables sold that claim to let this phone work as a modem.
    >| > Anyone have any experience with these? How fast are the transfer
    >| > speeds? Thanks.
    >|
    >| I'm using it as a slow speed modem. This is the free service. It uses
    >| your airtime plan. It's 19.2kb. Works fine for me for simple mail and
    >| text. I use Datapilot. It has the s/w and cable.
    >|
    >| Don't know what the high speed service throughput is though.
    >|

    >Are there *ANY* phones that interface with the Max OS for interconnection?

    If you get a cable for the phone (serial/usb) and possibly a USB -> Serial
    adapter for the Mac, I would think you would be all set with setting up
    the phone as a simple serial modem.

    Scott

Verizon Wireless LG Modem Internet Service Providers