ThermalTake case question?? help please

ChaoticLusts

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
Hey all

I was just wondering wether the Skull 3000A case was better than the 2000A case. The Skull is more recent but the 2000A has 7 fans (rather than 4) and costs more and is aluminium rather than steel. I'm mainly looking for which one would be best for overclocking

Also if anyone thinks there are cases out there that are Cooler i'm more than happy to listen to suggestions, i don't mind the weight or it i'm only really interested in cooling potential....and i'm not going to fork out for a watercooling system...although i have been tempted but a couple of hundred dollars extra on cooling is a little too much

If anyone can help out that would be great

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Noel Adams 1952-2002

Bahumut

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
The XASER III V2000A is the better case:
The seven fans are very effective. (and quiter than I thought they would be)
Keep in mind that this case is in a completely different category than the Xaser III VM3000A Skull series.
While weight may not matter, size may.
The skull is a midtower, though among the largest midtowers I've seen.
The V2000A is a supertower, or glorified full tower.
It's as large or larger than any full tower I've seen in person.
The extra space allows for better airflow and easier installation of parts.

If the price is a little steep, consider this.
Aluminum is better than steel for cooling purposes even in cases.
However, my experience has shown me that with proper airflow, which is provided by this case, the difference between alluminum and steel is small.
If money is an object, you might want to consider the Xaser III V1000A.
BTW, the lanfire series is also a midtower like the skull series and is also less effective than the V2000A.

I haven't seen a case that can outperform the V2000A yet.
I won't say there isn't a better case, but I will say I'd be both interested in and skeptical of the case mentioned.
Many people opt for better looking cases, but I'm talking performance.

53 69 67 6E 61 74 75 72 65 20 69 6E 20 48 65 78 21

ChaoticLusts

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
and performance is all i'm interested in ^_^

thanks very much for the responce that answered it perfectly

I know the case is a little unattractive but it looks better than my current and well you mentioned space, i need space for the watercooling i want to put in so that will help, don't have enough drives to justify a full tower but that could easily change, i think i'll go with the 2000 unless i need the extra money for something more important

cheers

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Noel Adams 1952-2002

ChaoticLusts

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
oh that's another question

is the steel version the 1000 (the one that looks exactly the same) just as cool, just heavier?? cause it's cheaper and it's blue rather than white so it's prettier as well ^_^ and you can get it in black which would be perfect ^_^<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ChaoticLusts on 01/23/04 05:52 AM.</EM></FONT></P>