Sign in with
Your question

Why no Enermax coverage

Last response: in Components
January 22, 2004 1:10:30 PM

I was disappointed that the latest power supply roundup article did not include any Enermax power supplies. Any comments on why not?

David

More about : enermax coverage

January 22, 2004 3:53:11 PM

I was wondering the same thing. When I first scanned the list of tested power supplies I was looking for either Enermax or Antec brand as either has a power supply in most of the classes tested.

I've never heard of or seen Fortron Source, Seasonic, Q-Technology or Silverstone . .
January 22, 2004 5:09:39 PM

I too was dissappointed because all the brands mentioned for the size powersupply I wanna get were brands I've never seen where I am. I have heard of Fortron and seasonic though but non of the others and none of them are available where I am.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 22, 2004 8:06:31 PM

LMAO@U!!!! What, you think they BUY these power supplies? Why wasn't the Fortron Source 400W reviewed? THG only reviews parts they get for FREE. That's right, THG does NOT BUY hundreds of thousands of dollars in equipement per year, they actually send request out to companies, stating "We're doing a review and would appreciate any product you might send for comparison purposes". The company looks at the letter, and considers the site: They consider how much promotional value would sending them free parts be worth. Then they decide weather or not to send a freebie.

The fact is that Enermax doesn't want your business badly enough to send Tom's free samples. So blame them.

I've told hundreds of you guys the same thing, yet you ask the same...stupid...question, over and over again.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
January 22, 2004 8:10:56 PM

You've never heard of those brands because you're a newb. Fortron Source makes some of the best supplies in the world, Sparkle Power and Aopen relable them as their own brand, PC Power & Cooling and Zalman base their quiet power supplies on FSP originals, etc. Seasonic has been a major OEM supplier for YEARS. Silverstone is better known for their cases here in the U.S.

Fortron power supplies are always superior to Antec. Only "True Power" based Antecs are better than Enermax (their budget supplies are not). Enermax is a bit more reliable company than Antec. And Fortron supplies are the most reliable in the industry, with around 11 years MTBF.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
January 22, 2004 9:32:50 PM

Uh . . No I've never heard of these brands because they aren't readily available on this rock I call home in Hawaii. I'd appreciate it if you don't presume to know how knowledgeable or not I am in this matter thank you very much. Extend me this courtesy and I'll try not to presume that you are wrong in your evaluation of yourself and your knowledge.

Antec's TruePower series and the high end Enermax's are available here. I've been happy with my Enermax, glad to know someone of your caliber of expertise would approve . . .
January 22, 2004 10:30:35 PM

Sorry. You poor, disadvantaged Hawaiians, I never realized how rough you had it out there, so far from civilization!

(by the way, that was a joke, no poison darts ok?)

January 23, 2004 2:57:59 AM

Somebody got a chip on their shoulder or what? Insulting people because they lack knowledge in something is the most imature thing a person could do. Noone on earth knows everything about everything so why would you insult people because they ask a question? Just because you told a few others the awnser does not mean everyone on earth now knows. Also I question your own knowledge on the matter. If fortron is the best how come its the most ineffecient of them? If Zalman is based on fortron howcome Zalman has a 75% effeciency over Fortron's 65%? I see no evidence showing Fortrons to be far superior then others so far.
January 23, 2004 3:24:39 AM

Did I say anything to you? No, I didn't. So STFU. One of these days I hope you open your mouth like that at a bar!

January 23, 2004 4:03:41 AM

I didn't require you to say anything directly to me to say what I said to you. And although I dont go to bars I certainly wouldn't have a problem with saying what I said to anyone in real life since thats just how I talk in real life. Im frank and direct when I talk to people. I know little tact. However even so I don't see what I said as being very offensive so I don't know why your acting like such a child. Considering you do reviews and such I would have taken you for a wiser person then this.
January 23, 2004 5:04:23 AM

Quote:
Considering you do reviews and such I would have taken you for a wiser person then this.

That's what you get for assuming. Do you really take my petty insults to these guys seriously? If I really wanted to be mean I would certainly be a lot more creative.

It was all in fun until you tried to make it serious. I hate it when people do that. Lighten up d00d<---notice spelling

January 23, 2004 5:13:59 AM

I apologise. I didn't appreciate the intent of your posts. As I'm sure you can appreciate its not always evident when someone is being serious or not through text.
January 23, 2004 5:35:09 AM

Of course I was being serious with you, I was just poking fun at the other two.

Bah, people never know when I'm being serious. I guess I'll have to use more smiley faces :smile:

January 23, 2004 5:39:12 AM

BTW, when I said "best" I was speaking of quality. Fortron source power supplies live VERY long lives outputting more power than they're rated for. Their power supplies varry in efficiency based on which model you choose, which could explain the difference between the Forton-based Zalman and the Fortron you were looking at. I've seen various sites show various models between 65% and 75% efficiency.

!