New ADSL line freezes pc

My desktop with XP Pro has behaved impeccably since new.....1 week ago I
replaced my standard anologue modem connection with a 1mgb broadband
connection cabled to the supplied router. Everything remains fine until I
connect to the net. My connection is made satisfactorily but after 4 or 5
minutes of browsing the pc freezes completely, requiring a switch-off and
re-boot to start all over again. This happens every time, without fail !
Any ideas please? I'm totally stuck with the problem. Thanks in
anticipation ! Phil
2 answers Last reply
More about adsl line freezes

    does it still work with dns client service switched off?
    "Phil.T" <PhilT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    My desktop with XP Pro has behaved impeccably since new.....1 week ago I
    replaced my standard anologue modem connection with a 1mgb broadband
    connection cabled to the supplied router. Everything remains fine until I
    connect to the net. My connection is made satisfactorily but after 4 or 5
    minutes of browsing the pc freezes completely, requiring a switch-off and
    re-boot to start all over again. This happens every time, without fail !
    Any ideas please? I'm totally stuck with the problem. Thanks in
    anticipation ! Phil

    Thanks for the response John......where exactly do I check for the status of
    the dns client service?

    "John" wrote:

    > does it still work with dns client service switched off?
    > "Phil.T" <PhilT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My desktop with XP Pro has behaved impeccably since new.....1 week ago I
    > replaced my standard anologue modem connection with a 1mgb broadband
    > connection cabled to the supplied router. Everything remains fine until I
    > connect to the net. My connection is made satisfactorily but after 4 or 5
    > minutes of browsing the pc freezes completely, requiring a switch-off and
    > re-boot to start all over again. This happens every time, without fail !
    > Any ideas please? I'm totally stuck with the problem. Thanks in
    > anticipation ! Phil

Connection Windows XP