New ADSL line freezes pc

March 22, 2005 11:41:03 AM

My desktop with XP Pro has behaved impeccably since new.....1 week ago I
replaced my standard anologue modem connection with a 1mgb broadband
connection cabled to the supplied router. Everything remains fine until I
connect to the net. My connection is made satisfactorily but after 4 or 5
minutes of browsing the pc freezes completely, requiring a switch-off and
re-boot to start all over again. This happens every time, without fail !
Any ideas please? I'm totally stuck with the problem. Thanks in
anticipation ! Phil

More about : adsl line freezes

April 2, 2005 7:38:31 AM

does it still work with dns client service switched off?
"Phil.T" <PhilT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
My desktop with XP Pro has behaved impeccably since new.....1 week ago I
replaced my standard anologue modem connection with a 1mgb broadband
connection cabled to the supplied router. Everything remains fine until I
connect to the net. My connection is made satisfactorily but after 4 or 5
minutes of browsing the pc freezes completely, requiring a switch-off and
re-boot to start all over again. This happens every time, without fail !
Any ideas please? I'm totally stuck with the problem. Thanks in
anticipation ! Phil
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 7:11:01 AM

Thanks for the response John......where exactly do I check for the status of
the dns client service?

!