Closed

Taskbar too big

March 22, 2005 11:59:02 AM

Suddenly my taskbar has grown to 3 times its normal height.

I tried to shrink it by creating the double arrows and dragging it down in
size. I am able to get the double arrows, but I cannot get the taskbar to
respond by shrinking back to its normal height.

It is taking up far too much of the screen space. Does anyone know why it
has gotten so big and how do I shrink it?

More about : taskbar big

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 2:09:23 PM

First, unlock the Taskbar (right-click on Taskbar, uncheck
"Lock the Taskbar")

Click and drag the separator bar over to the right of the Taskbar
(It's the separator that looks like four dots and then three dots
running side by side vertically). It seems to allow you to create a
double-decker effect with the Taskbar. Once you drag the lower one to
the right of the Taskbar, it allows you to resize the Taskbar.

Alternative:

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"alisdan" wrote:

| Suddenly my taskbar has grown to 3 times its normal height.
|
| I tried to shrink it by creating the double arrows and dragging it down in
| size. I am able to get the double arrows, but I cannot get the taskbar to
| respond by shrinking back to its normal height.
|
| It is taking up far too much of the screen space. Does anyone know why it
| has gotten so big and how do I shrink it?
January 13, 2009 7:22:39 AM

Thank you, thank you, a million thank yous! Now I know what to do if this frustrating thing ever happens again.

Last week, my dog hit the keyboard and turned the entire desktop sideways, that was another frustration. The good news is with each one, I learn another strange thing about this computer.

God bless the folks like you, who have the answers and post them for the rest of us...thank you so much,
Michele http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/wah...
http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/hel... :wahoo:

inkjetreset.com
astrologyandmore.blogspot.com
April 8, 2009 11:44:06 AM

I really am thankful for all who read and answer this site for alot of us who are computer illiterate with your help i am getting my puter back up to par
:)  cricket
April 10, 2011 3:59:27 PM

Left click on toobar, click on properties-taskbar appearance-put a check in small icon.
April 11, 2011 2:45:01 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!