EQ2 light sources

Are there any light sources in EQ2? I saved up to buy myself a torch, but
then I equiped it and it didn't really make anything lighter...Is there
something I can do to carry it around and have it light my way? Those
streets in Freeport can get pretty dark at night time.
2 answers Last reply
More about light sources

    "bob" <dlv88@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Are there any light sources in EQ2? I saved up to buy myself a torch, but
    > then I equiped it and it didn't really make anything lighter...Is there
    > something I can do to carry it around and have it light my way? Those
    > streets in Freeport can get pretty dark at night time.

    You have to activate your torch (place it in one of the acitivation slots on
    your characters inventory), but also as important you must make sure your
    graphics options are set correctly or you wont see them.

    Max player torches - must equal above 0
    Max torch intensity - must equal above 0
    Max lights - must equal above 0

    An easy way to test is to simply stand in a dark area, and make sure that
    max lights/torches is above 0 and set intensity to the highest value you
    should see the light start to form around you immediately.

    "bob" <dlv88@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Are there any light sources in EQ2? I saved up to buy myself a torch, but
    > then I equiped it and it didn't really make anything lighter...Is there
    > something I can do to carry it around and have it light my way? Those
    > streets in Freeport can get pretty dark at night time.

    This leads to another thought: do light sources affect any vision abilities
    (ultravision, et al.)? I play a troll and use my vision at night (helps in
    freeport). Just wondered if a character carrying a torch would affect the
    vision adversely. Something I'll have to check out.

    Greg Howard

Light Torch Games Video Games