Over 5.6 Million CoD: Black Ops Copies Sold Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
As a die-hard CoD fan with over 1000 hours in both CoD 2 and 4, no. This franchise has begun to bore me to tears, and kind-of-sort-of-dedicated servers aren't enough to make up for the fail that was MW2's multiplayer. I really can't believe that many people bought the game.

usfs

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
I heard it has terrible spawns in mulitplayer and the games graphics are crappy. Anyone know if its worth getting?

angela1130

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
lol go play Medal of Honor and you'll see why I bought Black Ops .

I wasn't planning to buy black ops because of MW2 hackers, noob proners while shooting and such.

But I'm glad I bought Black Ops, it's definately better than MW2 and MEdal of Honor.

random_guy417

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I wasn't going to buy it, at least not until it went on a serious sale, but I found a power supply on newegg that was already on sale, had a rebate, and came with Black Ops. In other words, $100 for what would normally cost $240, and since I'm building a new computer in about 6 months, I figured why not buy it now.

hokkdawg

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I passed this round. Not a fan of Treyarch; after WaW, I was hoping they improved, but I've heard the graphics aren't as good. Heard the story was nice, though. It's just too hard to go back to those Xbox 360 graphics in a new game after playing Bad Company 2 on PC, and Medal of Honor's multiplayer.

I'll pick this one up when it hits the bargain bin, and will still wait for MW3. Hopefully there's a little talent left at Infinity Ward.

darkstar107

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
If I could go back to launch date, I wouldn't buy the game again. I am very disappointed with the graphics and physics of the game. Multiplayer is descent...I have a feeling I'll be going back to MW2 soon though. Needless to say I won't be so quick to jump on the COD bandwagon for their next game.

rasagul

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
I don't hate it, but I don't exaactly love it either. I got it just because it had private servers back. I can't quite pin it down I've been a pc gamer since the tsr80 coco. Gameplay feels off not exactly like a console but just not quite right. I guess it's just all the little shortfalls like the laggy single player game the detail of the guns look and sound is cheap. I dunno I imagine I will keep playing multiplayer but I won't be deleting medal of honor just yet..

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Thank God i didn't buy it, but i've tried it on my pc and from what i've seen, this game doesn't worth 60 euros. Maybe for the multiplayer fanatics, not for me.

Zulu191

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Honestly if I could return it I would (bought on Steam). The multiplayer on PC is broken at the moment due to choppiness and stuttering. The graphics are a step back in my opinion. The single player campaign is just one long Quick-Time Event sequence where the only button you need to press is shoot. So far the most fun I have had with this is playing the Zork easter egg. Dropping $60 into this really hurts.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I'm passing on this unless I see it cheap somewhere. MW2 was pretty disappointing, and PC support was horrible. The $60 price tag for the PC version is just insult to injury. Activision are greedy bastards, and I have plenty of other games to play.

G

I really wasted my money on this game. BC2 is way better. The guns look like cheap replicas made in china. I think this game has herpes

G

I have to admit, I bought the game because the trailers looked amazing only to find that the game is a piece of crap. Do not buy this game. I only wish I could take it back. This game is NOT worth $59.99!! It is like CoD:WaW and MW2 had sex and produced and baby! Graphics are not as good as thought and there is so much LAG while playing the game it is ridiculous. Even when you are playing in Combat Training mode there is lag and that is using your own PC as host. I have the 25MB/2MB internet service to so I know there is not lag on my side.

crazitrain02

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
I'm boycotting IW because of MW2 so I decided that I'm not buying this game regardless of the reviews. Based on what I see, it looks like IW did another crap job and let everyone down.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I've been a huge fan of CoD since the first game and as much I would like to go against the hype, the truth is I loved the single player. It was very different from what I've come to expect from CoD but it was also more intense and full of variety. It made me realize that Treyarch can really bring CoD to a new level instead of that crap we got from Modern Warfare 2. Fighting through Vietnam, marking objectives with my SR-71 Blackbird, piloting (YES PILOTING, NOT JUST GUNNING!!) a hind through a lush valley, it was all really memorable.

By the way I haven't played multiplayer because I've never been a fan of CoD's multiplayer. Mainly a Battlefield guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.