Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best entry level gaming mouse for fps games?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 27, 2011 9:11:29 PM

building my first build

i7 2600k quadcore sandybridge 3.4 ghz 319.99 95w
asus maximus iv extreme z lga-1155 329.99
coolermaster hafX 199.99
amd radeon 6970 hd 339.99 550w x2
16 gb 4x4gb dimms corsair vengance 1600 mhz 82.99
250 gb hdd 129.99$
24x dl dvd rom 32.99
w7 home 64bit 99.99
nzxt sentry lx 49.99
CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200 (CMPSU-1200AX) 1200W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply 279.99

212 evo 34.99 but idk what mouse to get theres so many out there, id perfer somthing wired
December 27, 2011 9:46:09 PM

I've got the Logitech G9x, It's a great mouse and I've never had a problem with it yet :) 
m
0
l
December 27, 2011 11:50:41 PM

Rob-Larby said:
I've got the Logitech G9x, It's a great mouse and I've never had a problem with it yet :) 

i tend to palm my current mouse, is this a good palming mouse?
m
0
l
Related resources
December 28, 2011 12:35:03 AM

Razer Abyssus is palm grip friendly, wired and relatively cheap. check it out
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 12:48:01 AM

AntiZig said:
Razer Abyssus is palm grip friendly, wired and relatively cheap. check it out


how do you think the deathadder would be ?
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 12:52:33 AM

had nothing but issues with razer mice.
the logitech g9's liftoff distance it terrible.

the best gaming mice i have used in the last 2 years have been the sidewinder by microsoft... yea it looks awful but has surprisingly good palm feel and the side buttons are very well placed and easy to use as there stacked vertically under your thumb... and as an added bonus they are cheap 2.

i found horizontal buttons on the lachesis uncomfortable to use and often i would press both when i just want to press 1.
the logitech g5 was a great little mouse and im peeved that i got rid of it and replaced it with the lachesis. but you cant source them easily.
the g500 is similar but the side buttons again put me off it. although it is a very accurate mouse with a 2-3 mm liftoff which does help stop the jerking as you lift the mouse and put it back down.
roccat are a solid build but im currently looking at the cyborg rat series for myself... take a look at them if your budget goes that far.

i would list the death adder by razer but i have recently learned they have the razor mmb problem 2...

so my recomendation is get a sidewinder if you have a limited budget. a roccat kova if your can spend a little more and a rat 7 or 9 if you have money to burn.
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 2:35:00 AM

Razer Deathadder 3.5 - good sensor compared to even pricier mice. Well placed thumb buttons. Fits hand nicely. Decent scroll wheel.
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 4:18:45 AM

HEXiT said:
had nothing but issues with razer mice.
the logitech g9's liftoff distance it terrible.

the best gaming mice i have used in the last 2 years have been the sidewinder by microsoft... yea it looks awful but has surprisingly good palm feel and the side buttons are very well placed and easy to use as there stacked vertically under your thumb... and as an added bonus they are cheap 2.

i found horizontal buttons on the lachesis uncomfortable to use and often i would press both when i just want to press 1.
the logitech g5 was a great little mouse and im peeved that i got rid of it and replaced it with the lachesis. but you cant source them easily.
the g500 is similar but the side buttons again put me off it. although it is a very accurate mouse with a 2-3 mm liftoff which does help stop the jerking as you lift the mouse and put it back down.
roccat are a solid build but im currently looking at the cyborg rat series for myself... take a look at them if your budget goes that far.

i would list the death adder by razer but i have recently learned they have the razor mmb problem 2...

so my recomendation is get a sidewinder if you have a limited budget. a roccat kova if your can spend a little more and a rat 7 or 9 if you have money to burn.

ive certinly been looking at the rat 7 but latley its seemed to..flashy for a better word with so many things in the mouse thats justanumber more of things that can go wrong i love the look of the razer mamba but would want a wired non led version with no issues stuck at a standstill here lol
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 4:36:05 AM

robthatguyx said:
if only this wasnt backlit in both locations by blue.. i have a saitek eclipse 2 and the case im gonna use is a hafX red led fans so blue wouldnt much fit the picture lol


They have a black edition. =) ---> http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Deathadder-Precision-Infrar...
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 6:03:54 AM

I use the Logitech G500 mouse. I like it because the size and ship is similar to the Logitech Performance MX mouse. You can also adjust the weight of the mouse. If prefer the mouse to be on the heavier side.
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 1:19:19 PM

Congrats. Looks nice. Let us know how you like in 2-3 months. :) 
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 3:14:02 PM

i would also like a follow up on that mouse :) 
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 3:20:15 PM

being from corsair not expecting any problems a couple of months down the line

but as the m60 and m90 are their 1st ventures into gaming mice anythings possible

still their support is excellent--so any future problems should they arise i am sure would be promptly dealt with

i got one of these 1st and though it looked good it skipped everywhere now and then--the corsair hasnt done it once on the same surface

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/peripherals/sentinel...
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 3:45:10 PM

the corsair sound pretty good then hows it feel for a palm/claw grib?
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 4:51:42 PM

fits my hand perfectly using it that way--i have quite large hands

but i actually use more of a fingertip grip--this does make the sniper button a little bit in front of my thumb--but only about half an inch

the software that you download for it is still in version one--but one interesting bit in it is it has a real time read back on how well its reading the surface you are using it on--surface quality test its called

havent seen that before--so according to the software my surface is 3 to 4 bars out of a possible 5--will have to put a bit of furniture polish on my tile i use for a mat and see if it goes up to 5 bars--i use a 12 inch by 12 inch linoleum floor tile for a mouse mat

even at 3 to 4 bars it glides perfectly and hasnt skipped or stuttered once
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 7:10:44 PM

Hey

If I was looking for a new mouse I'd get a Razer Deathadder which I currently own. It's very good for palm or claw (grips of mouse) 3500dpi.

This is the mouse most of my friends have chosen also
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 8:42:06 PM

i jumped in and got the rat 7 contagion your rite there is a lot of bits and bobbs. but it does have 1 great feature. the dpi can be set in increments of 25. still not enough to exactly match my monitor but it can get very close...

i am having an issue with palm feel but thats likely to change 1s i get used to it...
is it worth the money... well if you can get it cheaper than 90 then its hard to justify getting any higher end gaming mouse because they just arent as feature rich in the customization department.
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 8:42:57 PM

its a allout war between the deathadder black edition and the corsair , i use a cheap mousepad just a black rubberbacked cloth one , would the corsair do fin on that you think?
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 8:57:22 PM

robthatguyx said:
its a allout war between the deathadder black edition and the corsair , i use a cheap mousepad just a black rubberbacked cloth one , would the corsair do fin on that you think?


couldnt really say

but just tried it on my desk with no mouse mat and its still just as good

i still like my lino tile though--cost £1 in a diy store and 5 or 6 years later its still not showing signs of wear
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 9:08:18 PM

5-6 years is quite a long time lol, gaming or casual use?
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 9:17:22 PM

robthatguyx said:
5-6 years is quite a long time lol, gaming or casual use?


its on about 18 hours a day--runs my cctv and gaming and just about everything else you can think of

the lino tiles the only thing thats still original--everything else has been upgraded so many times
m
0
l
December 28, 2011 9:37:22 PM

sounds like it holds up very well
m
0
l
December 30, 2011 12:31:23 AM

that is actually very cheap, how good of build quality is it?
m
0
l
December 30, 2011 12:36:29 AM

It feels solid. For me it was a little heavy at the beginning but I got used to it after ten minutes of playing MW2. the buttons feel good
m
0
l
December 30, 2011 3:58:04 AM

i might go with that for my mouse lol
m
0
l
December 30, 2011 3:58:33 AM

I have the Razer Abyssus and I quite like it. From what iv seen the only difference between the Death Addler and the Abyssus is the shapes are a little different and the death addled has 2 side buttons. I did get BSOD by the mouse 2 times when I opened a fullscreen game. Once with an older driver and once with the newest one. It's cheap has 3500 DPI and the settings are super easy to change! I recommend it although the best thing is go down to a store nearby and try out some mice to see how they feel.
m
0
l
December 30, 2011 5:43:20 AM

ill probably go to bestbuy and try a few mice they have on display to see what shape i like best, whats a bsod?
m
0
l
December 30, 2011 6:16:13 AM

Blue Screen of Death. I haven't had any problems with the mouse for a while though.
Here's what the Abyssus looks like:
m
0
l
December 30, 2011 8:54:45 AM

most razer mice look similar, feel similar but perform massivley different... a lot of em do have a mmb issue but i have used the lachesis for over 18 months and it is a worthy mouse if a little cheaply built... the cheaper models are well worth the money and you dont need any more dpi than 2400 anyway so 3600 is more than enough...
so yeah the death adder updated or the kova+ would be my recommendation for a entry level mouse for under 40 pounds.
m
0
l
December 30, 2011 5:12:59 PM

im looking more into the deathadder black i just wish stores like bestbuy would have the gaming mice out to see how they feel i dont wanna buy a highend mouse or smthing in the future and not have it fit my hand that would be terrible
m
0
l
December 31, 2011 2:07:49 AM

have you heard about this thing called return policy?
m
0
l
December 31, 2011 2:21:20 AM

well yea but itd be a pain to buy it have it shipped then not like it and have to wait days for another
m
0
l
!