Gaming headset: Corsair Vengeance 1500 vs. Logitech G35

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskoler

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hello,

I'm choosing a new headset for gaming, and I've done a little research; I think it's between the Corsair Vengeance 1500 and Logitech G35. Both are USB and have 7.1 surround, which is exactly what I want. Any opinions? Which is better, and which one should I get? I want comfort, great sound, and good build quality.

Thanks everyone.

senkeiser

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
I'm exactly in the same situation than you. I ordered few days ago the G35 but after (a lot of) reading, viewing reviews, I think I'll return back the G35 and order the new Vegeance 1500.
By the way, I should receive my G35 tomorrow and sure I'll try them before. But for the price Corsair offers a better sound quality. Otherwise, both have an excellent comfort and good build quality... although I heard that some people had problems with g35 cushions that they can pull off after a massive use of g35.
like in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWqy65kR2ww (0:50)

Anyway, I will try 'em tomorrow and I'll give you some news. ;)
regards

cskoler

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. :)

i have the g930 which is the wireless version of the g35 overall the sound is good for games, not so good for music if the music is heavily compressed or extremely bass'y.
also the build quality although robust does have issues. the pvc covering the foam cups for instance have started to disintegrate although this isnt a big deal and doesnt affect the audio quality, its a little surprising for a headset that costs that amount of money.

TheFNCount

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
I use a Logitech G35 and love it. some other things to consider ( the G35 does come with a Voice Changer and Programmable G keys (3 of them), which I have found quite entertaining while gaming. I have never used or seen the Corsair, so I cannot compair the two. Another thing with the G35, is that you can turn of the surround sound via a switch (older games and media that don't support surround sound sound better with it off). The G35 also comes with some software which allows you to edit some audio settings.

Hope it helps

senkeiser

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Hey cskoler! As I promised to you, I tested the G35 for 2 hours. First thing I noticed, it's quite heavy :D but the build quality at the first view is just excellent (smooth and robust plastic). Now, the quality sound is really ok for me. I noticed while playing Battlefiled 3 that there is A LOT OF Bass although you can adjust the bass and pitch in Logitech software. Surround sound works very well, sometimes not enough precise but in general, really good.
Microphone is awesome, you also have voice morphing in live. Well, I tried to put music on speakers while speaking to see noice cancelling, but unfortunatly it dosen't work really well. (maybe something to set....?). But isolation is awesome. :)
While listening music, I think you won't hear something else than your music.
One point to concider is that G35 is quite comfortable... not after 30 minutes though. I wear glasses so I feel like it grips too much on my head 'til it hurts the back of my ears. Oh yeah I forgot, I noticed a crackling noice (not so loud though) while listening a vid on Youtube.

Now, my choice is clear: i'M gonna return back those headphones to get Corsair Vengeance 1500. Better comfort (important point for me), better sound quality in general (not too much bass), better value money, better build quality. :sol:

cskoler

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

Yeah, I think I'm going with the Corsair ones. I just love the way they look and after reading this and doing some more research, I've made the decision. Thanks a lot for taking the time to do that. I really appreciate it.

archanyouth

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

yah me too gonna buy corsair v1500....so xcited damn gud headset....and what about the surround system i.e dolby is it really gud enough to present a gud 5.1 channels

Status
Not open for further replies.