EQ2 What does Radiant Strike actually do?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 28, 2004 12:18:00 PM

What does the cleric spell Radiant Stike actually do?

The description is that it "deals mental damage" - what does that mean?

More about : eq2 radiant strike

Anonymous
December 28, 2004 7:01:34 PM

"Vardiss" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in news:cx9Ad.9146$wi2.4058
@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

> What does the cleric spell Radiant Stike actually do?
>
> The description is that it "deals mental damage" - what does that mean?

It does direct damage to it's target, and the type of damage is Mental,
which means that mobs that are resistant to Mental damage are more likely
to resist it. As I vaguely recall, that is one of several types of saves
that mobs and players can have.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 19 Dwarven Shaman, 17 Scholar
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 5:29:25 PM

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
> "Vardiss" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in news:cx9Ad.9146$wi2.4058
> @newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:
>
>> What does the cleric spell Radiant Stike actually do?
>>
>> The description is that it "deals mental damage" - what does that mean?
>>

> It does direct damage to it's target, and the type of damage is Mental,
> which means that mobs that are resistant to Mental damage are more likely
> to resist it. As I vaguely recall, that is one of several types of saves
> that mobs and players can have.
>
> --
> On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
> Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons
>
> On Steamfont
> Graeme, 19 Dwarven Shaman, 17 Scholar

Visually, a big red sword appears and drops on your target. I think with
still app1 level at 20, it's doing 50 or so damage + another 11 if the
target is undead. I don't use it unless I'm trying to complete an Heroic
Opportunity and my admonishing smite adept 1 is resisted.

As for mental damage, think of it as messing with your target's brain
waves/thoughts. Lots of enchanter spells have a mental resist check as
well.

Vincit Omnia
20 Inquisitor/16 Craftsman of Unrest
-Formerly Hexfate Decay, 70 necro of Tarew Marr
!