EQ2 What does Radiant Strike actually do?

What does the cleric spell Radiant Stike actually do?

The description is that it "deals mental damage" - what does that mean?
2 answers Last reply
More about radiant strike

    "Vardiss" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in news:cx9Ad.9146$wi2.4058
    @newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

    > What does the cleric spell Radiant Stike actually do?
    >
    > The description is that it "deals mental damage" - what does that mean?

    It does direct damage to it's target, and the type of damage is Mental,
    which means that mobs that are resistant to Mental damage are more likely
    to resist it. As I vaguely recall, that is one of several types of saves
    that mobs and players can have.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 19 Dwarven Shaman, 17 Scholar

    "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > "Vardiss" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in news:cx9Ad.9146$wi2.4058
    > @newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:
    >
    >> What does the cleric spell Radiant Stike actually do?
    >>
    >> The description is that it "deals mental damage" - what does that mean?
    >>

    > It does direct damage to it's target, and the type of damage is Mental,
    > which means that mobs that are resistant to Mental damage are more likely
    > to resist it. As I vaguely recall, that is one of several types of saves
    > that mobs and players can have.
    >
    > --
    > On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    > Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons
    >
    > On Steamfont
    > Graeme, 19 Dwarven Shaman, 17 Scholar

    Visually, a big red sword appears and drops on your target. I think with
    still app1 level at 20, it's doing 50 or so damage + another 11 if the
    target is undead. I don't use it unless I'm trying to complete an Heroic
    Opportunity and my admonishing smite adept 1 is resisted.

    As for mental damage, think of it as messing with your target's brain
    waves/thoughts. Lots of enchanter spells have a mental resist check as
    well.

    Vincit Omnia
    20 Inquisitor/16 Craftsman of Unrest
    -Formerly Hexfate Decay, 70 necro of Tarew Marr

Games Video Games