What's the best tri-mode phone to use with Verizon?

Last response: in Network Providers
January 4, 2005 11:13:10 PM

My Cingular contact is up and I'm about to go to Verizon. I'd like to know
what is the best phone to use with Verizon's service. I have had a Motorola
phone in the past but, currently have a Sony so I don't know much about the
Samsung or LG phones that Verizon offers. So at present I am leaning
towards the Moto V265 although I have no experience with that phone. I'll
be buying 2 phones when I go to Verizon. I want the best possible reception
and loud earpiece volume from what ever phones I buy. Name that phone :)

PS. The Bonus 100 minutes VZW is offering on their Family Share plans is
what has convinced me to go to Verizon.

Ben

More about : tri mode phone verizon

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 11:47:46 PM

Ben,
I just upgraded my VZW fone to a LG VX6100 fron Nokia 5185i . The
reviews on http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/ and low cost pointed me that
direction. Salesman in VZW store said LG better than the V265. I am happy
with the 6100. Many nice features. Earpiece is definitely load with a
speakerphone feature and the reception is better then the Nokia 5185i. Would
not let the 100 minutes influence you, other things are much more important,
and costly too.
Jerry

"Ben in TN" <sea-doo@wolfplayer.us> wrote in message
> My Cingular contact is up and I'm about to go to Verizon. I'd like to
> know what is the best phone to use with Verizon's service. I have had a
> Motorola phone in the past but, currently have a Sony so I don't know much
> about the Samsung or LG phones that Verizon offers. So at present I am
> leaning towards the Moto V265 although I have no experience with that
> phone. I'll be buying 2 phones when I go to Verizon. I want the best
> possible reception and loud earpiece volume from what ever phones I buy.
> Name that phone :)
>
> PS. The Bonus 100 minutes VZW is offering on their Family Share plans is
> what has convinced me to go to Verizon.
>
> Ben

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 8:22:47 AM

"Ben in TN" <sea-doo@wolfplayer.us> wrote in message
> My Cingular contact is up and I'm about to go to Verizon. I'd like to
> know what is the best phone to use with Verizon's service. I have had a
> Motorola phone in the past but, currently have a Sony so I don't know much
> about the Samsung or LG phones that Verizon offers. So at present I am
> leaning towards the Moto V265 although I have no experience with that
> phone. I'll be buying 2 phones when I go to Verizon. I want the best
> possible reception and loud earpiece volume from what ever phones I buy.
> Name that phone :)
>
> PS. The Bonus 100 minutes VZW is offering on their Family Share plans is
> what has convinced me to go to Verizon.
>
> Ben

Tri-mode was essential to me when choosing my new handset. I'm very
satisfied with the LG VX6100. Just make sure it has the latest software,
which is T61VZV02. There are several posts on this newsgroup and other
forums that describe the reason for having current software.

Before accepting a VX6100, open the menu by pressing the upper left button
and press 9-9-2. If you see "S/W ver. T61VZV01" close the phone and hand it
back to the sales person and request that S/W ver. T61VZV02 be installed.
It takes about 45 minutes to perform the upgrade. You may encounter some
reluctance and some have been told there is no such software update. I
assure you, T61VZV02 exists and Verizon can install it.

The LG VX6100 with S/W ver. T61VZV01 has some serious problems, with
T61VZV02 it's an very good tri-mode phone.

rwb
January 5, 2005 3:18:12 PM

Ben in TN wrote:

> My Cingular contact is up and I'm about to go to Verizon. I'd like to know
> what is the best phone to use with Verizon's service. I have had a Motorola
> phone in the past but, currently have a Sony so I don't know much about the
> Samsung or LG phones that Verizon offers. So at present I am leaning
> towards the Moto V265 although I have no experience with that phone. I'll
> be buying 2 phones when I go to Verizon. I want the best possible reception
> and loud earpiece volume from what ever phones I buy. Name that phone :)
>
> PS. The Bonus 100 minutes VZW is offering on their Family Share plans is
> what has convinced me to go to Verizon.
>
> Ben

VZW will give you a 15 day trial so do not be afraid to try different
phones. I like mu Moto V265.

LB
January 5, 2005 8:26:01 PM

There are none. Since Verzion's phones are so shitty I had to buy an old B&W
huge Nokia phone. It gets great signal and it's not crippled in
anyway...some thing Verizon likes to do some times.

"Ben in TN" <sea-doo@wolfplayer.us> wrote in message
> My Cingular contact is up and I'm about to go to Verizon. I'd like to
know
> what is the best phone to use with Verizon's service. I have had a
Motorola
> phone in the past but, currently have a Sony so I don't know much about
the
> Samsung or LG phones that Verizon offers. So at present I am leaning
> towards the Moto V265 although I have no experience with that phone. I'll
> be buying 2 phones when I go to Verizon. I want the best possible
reception
> and loud earpiece volume from what ever phones I buy. Name that phone :)
>
> PS. The Bonus 100 minutes VZW is offering on their Family Share plans is
> what has convinced me to go to Verizon.
>
> Ben

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 9:08:26 PM

The Moto 270C! After my horrid expereince with a Samsung trimode, that
wouldn't hold signal to save it's life, I bought one of these on Ebay
and everything works great! Keep a call without dropping it, signal
everywhere, long battery life. Too bad the VZW techs couldn't help me
with this one, but I did give them their chances.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:38:19 AM

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:26:01 -0500, xman@thedripper.com wrote:

> There are none. Since Verzion's phones are so shitty I had to buy an old B&W
> huge Nokia phone. It gets great signal and it's not crippled in
> anyway...some thing Verizon likes to do some times.

So you hate Verizon (from previous posts) but still use "an old B&W huge
Nokia phone" on their network?
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 2:13:21 PM

On 5 Jan 2005 18:08:26 -0800, "momcat_one" <momcat_one@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>The Moto 270C! After my horrid expereince with a Samsung trimode, that
>wouldn't hold signal to save it's life, I bought one of these on Ebay
>and everything works great! Keep a call without dropping it, signal
>everywhere, long battery life. Too bad the VZW techs couldn't help me
>with this one, but I did give them their chances.
Agreed. My wife has one and will not give it up. Speakerphone is
great im the car.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 3:52:00 PM

On 5 Jan 2005 18:08:26 -0800, momcat_one wrote:

> The Moto 270C! After my horrid expereince with a Samsung trimode, that
> wouldn't hold signal to save it's life, I bought one of these on Ebay
> and everything works great! Keep a call without dropping it, signal
> everywhere, long battery life. Too bad the VZW techs couldn't help me
> with this one, but I did give them their chances.

One of the best Moto made, and bluetooth too!

Too bad the transition has been made from phones that work well to phones
that take pictures, videos, make coffee, etc......
January 7, 2005 5:51:11 AM

CellGuy wrote:

> One of the best Moto made, and bluetooth too!
>
> Too bad the transition has been made from phones that work well to phones
> that take pictures, videos, make coffee, etc......

I agree but a phone that makes coffee would be great :)
!