New Hard Disk

March 23, 2005 6:51:01 PM

I have just restored my disk image to a larger HD using Acronis TrueImage8.
Worked great. My old HD was 40gb and the new one is a 60gb drive. When I
check the space on the new drive it says only 40gb but when I look at
properties it says there is 19gb unallocated. How can I allocate this space?
And can I allocate it to the current C: volume or will I need to make it a
separate partition? Many thanks.

More about : hard disk

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 1:07:26 AM

It has been a while since I used True Image but I seem to remember an
option.

Usually when you restore an image there is an option to use all available
space on the drive. You didn't choose this option. Now you have 2 choices.
You can use Partition Magic to "grow" the partition and use the remaining
space. Or, you can start over with True Image (after deleting the partition
off of the 60 gig drive. This time read the options closely.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"victord66" <victord66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just restored my disk image to a larger HD using Acronis TrueImage8.
> Worked great. My old HD was 40gb and the new one is a 60gb drive. When
> check the space on the new drive it says only 40gb but when I look at
> properties it says there is 19gb unallocated. How can I allocate this
> space?
> And can I allocate it to the current C: volume or will I need to make it
> separate partition? Many thanks.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 6:58:10 AM

Richard Urban wrote:
> It has been a while since I used True Image but I seem to remember an
> option.
>
> Usually when you restore an image there is an option to use all available
> space on the drive. You didn't choose this option. Now you have 2 choices.
> You can use Partition Magic to "grow" the partition and use the remaining
> space. Or, you can start over with True Image (after deleting the partition
> off of the 60 gig drive. This time read the options closely.

what I would Do is Create a New Partition and use the
partition created to store Documents and pictures, which are
normally stored on the system drive in "documents and
Settings\<username>\My Documents
This takes some time and patience, specifically if you have
music and movies involved, as you would need to move the
Documents and Pictures first then tune the system drive and
adjust partition size, and move the music and movies ,
resizing the partitions along the way.

--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed