New Hard Disk

I have just restored my disk image to a larger HD using Acronis TrueImage8.
Worked great. My old HD was 40gb and the new one is a 60gb drive. When I
check the space on the new drive it says only 40gb but when I look at
properties it says there is 19gb unallocated. How can I allocate this space?
And can I allocate it to the current C: volume or will I need to make it a
separate partition? Many thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about hard disk

    It has been a while since I used True Image but I seem to remember an
    option.

    Usually when you restore an image there is an option to use all available
    space on the drive. You didn't choose this option. Now you have 2 choices.
    You can use Partition Magic to "grow" the partition and use the remaining
    space. Or, you can start over with True Image (after deleting the partition
    off of the 60 gig drive. This time read the options closely.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    Richard Urban wrote:
    > It has been a while since I used True Image but I seem to remember an
    > option.
    >
    > Usually when you restore an image there is an option to use all available
    > space on the drive. You didn't choose this option. Now you have 2 choices.
    > You can use Partition Magic to "grow" the partition and use the remaining
    > space. Or, you can start over with True Image (after deleting the partition
    > off of the 60 gig drive. This time read the options closely.

    what I would Do is Create a New Partition and use the
    partition created to store Documents and pictures, which are
    normally stored on the system drive in "documents and
    Settings\<username>\My Documents
    This takes some time and patience, specifically if you have
    music and movies involved, as you would need to move the
    Documents and Pictures first then tune the system drive and
    adjust partition size, and move the music and movies ,
    resizing the partitions along the way.

    --
    Lester Stiefel
    In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed

Hard Drives Windows XP