I was wondering if there is anyone out there to help me solve this problem.

Error message:
The Key, "AtWorkRendering\shell\PrintTo\command," refers to an invalid
command entry, "C\Documents and
Settings\Danny\ApplicationData\Aim\bartcache\1."

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Aim...didnt work.
if anyone could help me fix this problem it would be much appreciated....

Thanks ahead of time!

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:F0C2F2FE-7E2E-45FD-8A36-21E44F8E5921@microsoft.com,
maria_t <maria_t@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I was wondering if there is anyone out there to help me solve this
> problem.
>
> Error message:
> The Key, "AtWorkRendering\shell\PrintTo\command," refers to an invalid
> command entry, "C\Documents and
> Settings\Danny\ApplicationData\Aim\bartcache\1."
>
> I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Aim...didnt work.
> if anyone could help me fix this problem it would be much
> appreciated....
>
> Thanks ahead of time!

I don't use nor support AIM. Could you provide a bit more info as to why AIM
would cause this sort of trouble and why you're having print to command
problems or where, if anything, you're getting these errors? I may not be
able to help you debug the problem but you can give us enough info so that
we can tell where you're coming from and from there we can start debugging.

Galen

I dont have a clue why it is doing this....
What happens is when I run my norton one button checkup it shows this error.
It says it fixes it, but if i run it again it pop's right back up.

maria_t wrote:
> I dont have a clue why it is doing this....
> What happens is when I run my norton one button checkup it shows this error.
> It says it fixes it, but if i run it again it pop's right back up.
>

> "Galen" wrote:
>

>>In news:F0C2F2FE-7E2E-45FD-8A36-21E44F8E5921@microsoft.com,
>>maria_t <maria_t@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>>>I was wondering if there is anyone out there to help me solve this
>>>problem.
>>>
>>>Error message:
>>>The Key, "AtWorkRendering\shell\PrintTo\command," refers to an invalid
>>>command entry, "C\Documents and
>>>Settings\Danny\ApplicationData\Aim\bartcache\1."
>>>
>>>I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Aim...didnt work.
>>>if anyone could help me fix this problem it would be much
>>>appreciated....
>>>
>>>Thanks ahead of time!
>>
>>I don't use nor support AIM. Could you provide a bit more info as to why AIM
>>would cause this sort of trouble and why you're having print to command
>>problems or where, if anything, you're getting these errors? I may not be
>>able to help you debug the problem but you can give us enough info so that
>>we can tell where you're coming from and from there we can start debugging.
>>
>>Galen
>>--
>>Signature changed for a moment of silence.
>>Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

Note that error from inside Norton. Run WinDoctor and
Scan for Registry Errors. Youre likely to find Quite a few.
Select Repair All. Also Save a Copy of the log Created from
the Norton System Works Folder. The file will look really
messy. but you will get an Idea where to look in the registry.
After restarting - Open the Registry and look at the areas
you could read from that file. If thet are still there, you
may need to manually remove them. Care will need to be taken
in the registry as the system can go unbootable if you
remove the wrong data.
If you uninstall the AIM you will also need to remove the
folders yourself, both from Application Data as well as
Program Files.

After a Lengthy cleanup, Simply re-install and restart.

--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:Ak51e.10703$uw6.8520@trnddc06,
Lester Stiefel <les7954@verizon.net> had this to say:

> Note that error from inside Norton. Run WinDoctor and
> Scan for Registry Errors. Youre likely to find Quite a few.
> Select Repair All. Also Save a Copy of the log Created from
> the Norton System Works Folder. The file will look really
> messy. but you will get an Idea where to look in the registry.
> After restarting - Open the Registry and look at the areas
> you could read from that file. If thet are still there, you
> may need to manually remove them. Care will need to be taken
> in the registry as the system can go unbootable if you
> remove the wrong data.
> If you uninstall the AIM you will also need to remove the
> folders yourself, both from Application Data as well as
> Program Files.
>
> After a Lengthy cleanup, Simply re-install and restart.

There you have it... BUT... Backup your registry first if you're inclined to
do so or else you'll end up rebooting and using the F8 to select last known
good configuration or restoring from safe mode which will mean that you'll
still have your problems.

Galen