New cpu network connection problem

Davidx193

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
When im playing a game that is a bit graphic heavy it will be okay for like 2 minutes and then i would get network connection issues and my ping would spike up to 500+ and then go back down then later it will go back up again then down again.
This only happens with my new cpu, everything is fine with my old one.
Help Please? its really annoying

Processor: Athlon ii x3 455 with stock heatsink

Davidx193

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011

My motherboard is the asus m4a785-m and the cpu is on the supported list so its probly not the cpu not being supported but you think i should try reformatting? or is the problem the adapter?

Make sure you've updated all your drivers to the latest ones. Typically, graphics shouldn't have an effect on networking.

what network chipset is it and what game are you playing? if it's something like bigfoot killer network cards they've been known to have some issues with some games.

Davidx193

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011

Im using a belkin 150n wireless usb. when i go to devices and try to update it, it says it already updated.
im playing alliance of valiant arms from ijji. ever since i got this cpu it will give me small little lags here and there and then other times it will just disconnect me.

Davidx193

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011

I've tried everything, updating drivers, reformatting, reset the cmos , nothing works.
the only way for me to get internet is to restart the computer over and over until the wireless connects but then later on it will disconnect again and i have to restart my computer again just to get internet back