How to access my sound card mixer controls?

I need to access the sound card mixer controls to fix
something for the Sound Recorder on my Windows XP.
7 answers Last reply
More about access sound card mixer controls

    Bobby;
    Start.Control Panel/Sounds
    From there you should be able to access all your sound card options.

    Check your manual and/or the manufacturers website since all sound cards are
    different.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "Bobby" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I need to access the sound card mixer controls to fix
    > something for the Sound Recorder on my Windows XP.

    To find the mixer built into Windows XP:
    Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices - Volume tab - Advanced button.

    To find the mixer that came with the software for your sound card:
    Consult the software's Help file or user guide.

    Modem Ani

    "Bobby" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I need to access the sound card mixer controls to fix
    > something for the Sound Recorder on my Windows XP.

    When I go to the "Recording Control"...the column that
    says "recording" is not able to be moved.

    I don't have a slider called Recording Control on my mixer, so I'm afraid I
    can't offer any advice.

    Modem Ani

    > When I go to the "Recording Control"...the column that
    > says "recording" is not able to be moved.

    "Recording Control" is what the window is labeled...the
    sliders that I have are "Recording, Stereo Mixer, Mic,
    Line In, CD Player".

    Bobby wrote:
    > "Recording Control" is what the window is labeled...the
    > sliders that I have are "Recording, Stereo Mixer, Mic,
    > Line In, CD Player".

    This is in reference to Windows Mixer (aka Volume
    Control). In the Options area, click on the recording
    button. In the list below, check or un-check the items you
    choose. Below each item displayed after closing options,
    check which control you want to use. Please note that the
    slider will only operate on the one(s) checked.
    If they won't, you may have some file fragmentation or
    corruption, causing it not to function.

    --
    Lester Stiefel
    In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed

    To: Lester Stiefel

    How do I fix the file fragmentation or corruption?

Microsoft Sound Cards Windows XP