I'm getting weird cpu spikes that seem rather constant throughout the game (every 2-3 seconds), which causes the game to microstutter.
I tried formatting the hdd, installing a fresh copy of windows 7 and only chrome, bf3 and an anti-virus (disabled during the game). Also defragmented the (almost empty) hdd. Same issue. This even happens between matches (when only the scoreboard is displayed).
Tried playing with:
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit to 1/2/3 -- limited effect. Spikes are still there, but they seem to occur at half the strength (~50 instead of ~90). RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable to 0 -- no effect Vsync on (with triple buffering) -- spikes occur more often, less than 1 second apart
I also disabled Origin in-game.
Athlon II X4 630 (4 cores at 2.8GHz, Cool'N'Quiet disabled)
4GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz
ATI HD 5770, 1GB DDR5 (disabled tesselation and catalyst ai)
AMD 870 chipset
1TB HDD @ SATA3
I am pretty sure the graphics board plays no role in this, as I tried playing the game at 640x480 all setting low, with the same spikes occuring. Again, this is with a fresh install of windows 7 on a formatted hdd, with only chrome and an anti-virus installed (the latter which was disabled during the test). Windows has been fully updated and I am using the latest drivers.