system restore:how many drives in a restore?

hi, i have two HDs on my PC. from BIOS I can boot to either (both have
XP).

I keep the smaller HD for to install new drivers and beta software,
while the other HD is a stable XP system with only mature drivers &
software.

recently i mucked up the smaller HD to the point that it takes around
10min to logon. I was considering using system restore but then i
realized that system restore was configured to work on both HD. I
dont want the stable system to be restored to an earlier date as
well.

My question is apart from restoring the Windows Environment on the
current primary HD partition, what does system restore do with other
HDs visible to it?

thanks

Hi,

This is a complication of dual booting and system restore:
Any changes made to (system restore monitored) files of folders in
drives or partitions while the operating system that created the
restore points is not running will be lost. In this case if each OS is
monitoring each others files and folder all restore points will have
become corrupt and unusable.

In the future you will want to set each OS to monitor it's own files
and folder.

All About System Restore in WinXP
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/index.html

--