Red 'X' does not appear on mapped drive in Windows Explorer

Red 'X' does not appear on mapped drive in Windows Explorer, in other
words the drive always appears connected whether it is connected or
disconnected. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

--
Danny Kile
Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

"Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to
you." Mary Bly

Danny Kile wrote:

> Red 'X' does not appear on mapped drive in Windows Explorer, in other
> words the drive always appears connected whether it is connected or
> disconnected. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

I forgot to include that I am running XP Home not that I thing that
makes a difference.