Wifi on/off switch stays lit-up when off

terry

The Wireless on/off switch on my laptop stays illuminated regardless
of whether it is on or off, so I can't tell what the status is.
The laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1630.
Can anyone tell me what this switch is supposed to do, and is it
normal that it stays lit-up?

I would appreciate any help.

Regards,

Terry

Terry wrote:

> The Wireless on/off switch on my laptop stays illuminated regardless
> of whether it is on or off, so I can't tell what the status is.
> The laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1630.
> Can anyone tell me what this switch is supposed to do, and is it
> normal that it stays lit-up?
>
> I would appreciate any help.
>

> Regards,
>
> Terry

Probably OK. The little wireless LED on my Toshiba laptop only means
that the wireless NIC is operational; it does not mean that there is
a connection.
--
Cheers, Bob