rahimiv

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2003
I got a question, if I must leave skype on at ALL TIMES, does that mean I cant play games because if someone calls on skype then the game will minimize and possibly cause a crash. Or is there a way to do this without computer crashing?

pat

Expert
you are playing a game, which means that you are busy.

I suggest to let skype closed and enjoy your game. Unless your own yourself is very important and you really need to be in contact with everybody or something will completly goes wrong and cause the fall of the humanity. And if it was the case, then you probably wont be there playing a game..

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>

rahimiv

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2003
Problem is that I have someone that I must be in constant contact with (she wont let me off the leash) and she doesnt care if keeping skype open at all time is going to cause a system meltdown. Looks like I have to dedicate a workstation to skype...

pat

Expert
If it is your GF, then I strongly advise to think about this relationship twice as you may never get a single moment for yourself once you'll be engaged... :wink:

rahimiv

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2003
No its my older sister who wont let me go. With the way Taiwan's system is set up its impossible for me to hide myself from a family member because they can always go to household registration department and ask for my address...

pat

Expert
I would email your sister telling her to check for her skype program because you're loosing her... then terminate your skype and enjoy your play..

rahimiv

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2003
the good news is I got the motherboard, cpu and a low end psu (should be enough), the bad news is I dont know about the integrity of said part... the motherboard is integrated so doesnt need a video card...

Depends on the game. I actually use Skype for communication on occasion in World of Warcraft.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>