New case same problem

dawgpounder

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2003
If this should be in the overclocking/heat cooling forgive me please, I will move it if that is so:

Hello, I am new to the game so forgive me for my ignorance.

I bought an Intel D845PESV mobo w/ P4 2.4 a while back and recently placed it in a new case (NSPIRE case Model: 601AE-AL BLK, clear side w/fan and 450W PS - ISO500 duel fan). I also have 2 512 meg 266DDR ram chips, two HDDS, main one a 200GB WDD 7200 RPM w/ 8 meg buffer, the other an 80 GB Maxtor 7200 rpm 8 meg buffer (I do videos of daughter a lot and need space), and a ATI 9800 Graphics Card.

WHen working on the PC from home (on it all day), everything is fine. While gaming (BF1942 online), eventually the game crashes and my Hardware Sensors Monitor from AB Software says the temp is as follows:
Mainboard from 30 to 33
CPU 1 from 30 to 37 or 38
CPU 2 from 30 to 39 or higher
HDD is always around 19-22.

I have
two 80mm intake fans on front (generic from old case)
Duel HDD fan attached to primary drive
two 80MM fans blowing out in back (came with new case)
one 80 MM fan in side panel blowing in on Graphics Card.
Standared heatsink and fan that came with mobo/processor when I bought them last Feb.

It was overheating in old case, which is why I went with bigger case but same problem…any guidance to a newbie would be appreciated.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Those temps sound perfect. If your video card is overheating, make sure you leave adequate space underneath it for airflow (leave the next slot under it vacant, etc), and check for dust if you've had it a while.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

redface

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2003
Make sure all your components are free of dust.
run benchmarks and log the temperature readings during benchmarks.
Prime95- will stress your cpu a lot. (run for an hour+)
3dMark200x - stress your CPU and RAM and Graphics card (loop for an hour +)
PCMark - all sorts of tests

A fine day!