Strange window opens and closes

March 26, 2005 8:29:01 AM

Lately a new window will suddenly open in my toolbar. No window or program
will actually start, but the window remains in my toolbar for about one
second and then closes. My popup blocker did not close it, it just seems to
close on its own. I have run virus scans as well as spyware and adware
removers, yet it persists.

It seems to occur about once every 30 minutes. Laterly it has been popping
me out of full-screen games so is becoming a nuisance.

Any idea what this might be and how I can get rid of it?
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 9:47:51 AM

"Lonewolph" <Lonewolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Lately a new window will suddenly open in my toolbar. No window or program
> will actually start, but the window remains in my toolbar for about one
> second and then closes. My popup blocker did not close it, it just seems
> close on its own. I have run virus scans as well as spyware and adware
> removers, yet it persists.
>
> It seems to occur about once every 30 minutes. Laterly it has been popping
> me out of full-screen games so is becoming a nuisance.
>
> Any idea what this might be and how I can get rid of it?

When the program is not on the toolbar press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC and make a note
of all the processes and applications running. Do the same thing when the
program is active and compare the notes. Let us know what you find.

Kerry
!