Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

** Verizon customers read - IMPORTANT

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
January 5, 2005 10:50:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I love you all my Verizon buddies! Let's try and make Verizon Wireless one
of the most profitable cellular companies in the world! Even if they would
EVER surprise us long term customer's with some great specials and deals
let's refuse them!!! Even if they wanted to offer us 7pm start nights part
of nights calling...screw that. I don't want that. Let's take an example if
they wanted to actually let us use the un-used minutes from our previous
month...NO WAY. Don't take that. We want them to profit and just keep
getting more customer's without the increase of service performance or
customer satisfaction when there's a problem.

Of course that's all bullshit. Some of you are saying, my god...this idiot
is still here bitching and complaining. Yes sir...I am still here. If my
posts and bitching really bother you move on and don't waste your time to
even respond. But my gripe this year is to get Verizon to let us get roll
over minutes! I mean we all pay for this minutes up front, so why can't we
use them??

Listen, seriously...this does make sense. Really...

This is just an example...that's all this is....

Contracts are yearly. When you sign up for service, you are agreeing to a
yearly or even two year contract. Even if you end this contract, you are
forced to pay a high fee. We can all agree on this. So let's say I pay
$40/month for 400 minutes. If my contract is a year then why can't I have
4800 total minutes since I am paying for them anyway? Remember, contracts
are yearly...and 400 minutes over a year is 4800. So basically those minutes
should be mine anyway since I'm paying for them. But since after the monthly
cycle is over those minutes I didn't use that I paid for are stripped away
from me with no regard. Why? I really hope some one, just ONE person can
agree with me on this and understand that having roll over minutes really
would be nice. WE ALL PAY FOR OUR MINUTES, SO WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THEM ALL
DURING OUR SIGNED BINDED CONTRACTS?

O well, at least I try. I'm writing to Verizon's management and will
continue to write to important people in that company. I will also add a
sub-domain on my domain for this so we all can participate and maybe change
the rules to benefit us. What's wrong with trying to benefit ourselves?
There has to be one person in here that agrees and thinks what I'm saying
makes sense. Do you?

I'll post the new sub-domain soon....for all to see! Maybe we can change it,
to make it better!
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 5, 2005 10:50:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Some of us don't have that luxury. As mediocre as Verizon service is,
it's far and away the best we can get.

Dave wrote:
> Why don't you just switch to Cingular when your contract expires?
Vote
> with your feet. I just did. Was very satisified but moved to Cingular

> after 10 years because Cingular could help me where Verizon wasn't
able to.
>
> xman@thedripper.com wrote:
> > I love you all my Verizon buddies! Let's try and make Verizon
Wireless one
> > of the most profitable cellular companies in the world! Even if
they would
> > EVER surprise us long term customer's with some great specials and
deals
> > let's refuse them!!! Even if they wanted to offer us 7pm start
nights part
> > of nights calling...screw that. I don't want that. Let's take an
example if
> > they wanted to actually let us use the un-used minutes from our
previous
> > month...NO WAY. Don't take that. We want them to profit and just
keep
> > getting more customer's without the increase of service performance
or
> > customer satisfaction when there's a problem.
> >
> > Of course that's all bullshit. Some of you are saying, my
god...this idiot
> > is still here bitching and complaining. Yes sir...I am still here.
If my
> > posts and bitching really bother you move on and don't waste your
time to
> > even respond. But my gripe this year is to get Verizon to let us
get roll
> > over minutes! I mean we all pay for this minutes up front, so why
can't we
> > use them??
> >
> > Listen, seriously...this does make sense. Really...
> >
> > This is just an example...that's all this is....
> >
> > Contracts are yearly. When you sign up for service, you are
agreeing to a
> > yearly or even two year contract. Even if you end this contract,
you are
> > forced to pay a high fee. We can all agree on this. So let's say I
pay
> > $40/month for 400 minutes. If my contract is a year then why can't
I have
> > 4800 total minutes since I am paying for them anyway? Remember,
contracts
> > are yearly...and 400 minutes over a year is 4800. So basically
those minutes
> > should be mine anyway since I'm paying for them. But since after
the monthly
> > cycle is over those minutes I didn't use that I paid for are
stripped away
> > from me with no regard. Why? I really hope some one, just ONE
person can
> > agree with me on this and understand that having roll over minutes
really
> > would be nice. WE ALL PAY FOR OUR MINUTES, SO WHY CAN'T WE HAVE
THEM ALL
> > DURING OUR SIGNED BINDED CONTRACTS?
> >
> > O well, at least I try. I'm writing to Verizon's management and
will
> > continue to write to important people in that company. I will also
add a
> > sub-domain on my domain for this so we all can participate and
maybe change
> > the rules to benefit us. What's wrong with trying to benefit
ourselves?
> > There has to be one person in here that agrees and thinks what I'm
saying
> > makes sense. Do you?
> >
> > I'll post the new sub-domain soon....for all to see! Maybe we can
change it,
> > to make it better!
> >
> >
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 5, 2005 10:50:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

xman@thedripper.com wrote:
> I love you all my Verizon buddies!

It's your right to hate Verizon Wireless, but I don't see why you have such a
hard-on for people who like VZW.

> Of course that's all bullshit. Some of you are saying, my god...this idiot
> is still here bitching and complaining. Yes sir...I am still here.

Yeah, but now you're pissing and moaning that there are people that don't feel
the same way as you do about Verizon. Get over it, get over yourself, and get a
life already.

And before you accuse me of being a stupid Verizon customer, I'll remind you
again that I no longer use Verizon because they stopped meeting my needs. I'm
not pro-Verizon, just anti-idiot.

> O well, at least I try. I'm writing to Verizon's management

What are you writing? "I'm on crack, please listen to me"?

> There has to be one person in here that agrees and thinks what I'm saying
> makes sense. Do you?

You can do whatever you want to do. Just don't slam the people in this
newsgroup for using Verizon. There *are* people for whom Verizon's network works.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 1:06:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I absolutely understand the way you feel. Unfortunately Verizon Wireless is
a capitalistic enterprise not a democratic one.

I am glad to see you are very passionate about all this, starting a web-site
and all. However, why don't you try to focus your energy on something a
little more worthy like Chevron's Oil Dictatorship in Nigeria? Or the no-bid
contracts Vice President Dick Cheney is giving to his friends?

Since we are on alt.cellular.verizon, I think it is only appropriate to
mention that Verizon Wireless was the only company that challenged the
Federal Government when they awarded the no-bid contract to build a cellular
network to MCI WorldCom (YES, the MCI that broke the bankruptcy record).

xman;

pause for a moment and thing about this:

When you are old and wrinkled do you want your grandchildren to look at you
and say "that's the guy who brought roll-over minutes to Verizon Wireless"
or "that's my grandpa, he made the world we live in better for us"

You have a lot of energy and passion, I hope you make the most of it.

-julie


<xman@thedripper.com> wrote in message
news:10tp2q8sa5fvje5@corp.supernews.com...
>I love you all my Verizon buddies! Let's try and make Verizon Wireless one
> of the most profitable cellular companies in the world! Even if they would
> EVER surprise us long term customer's with some great specials and deals
> let's refuse them!!! Even if they wanted to offer us 7pm start nights part
> of nights calling...screw that. I don't want that. Let's take an example
> if
> they wanted to actually let us use the un-used minutes from our previous
> month...NO WAY. Don't take that. We want them to profit and just keep
> getting more customer's without the increase of service performance or
> customer satisfaction when there's a problem.
>
> Of course that's all bullshit. Some of you are saying, my god...this idiot
> is still here bitching and complaining. Yes sir...I am still here. If my
> posts and bitching really bother you move on and don't waste your time to
> even respond. But my gripe this year is to get Verizon to let us get roll
> over minutes! I mean we all pay for this minutes up front, so why can't we
> use them??
>
> Listen, seriously...this does make sense. Really...
>
> This is just an example...that's all this is....
>
> Contracts are yearly. When you sign up for service, you are agreeing to a
> yearly or even two year contract. Even if you end this contract, you are
> forced to pay a high fee. We can all agree on this. So let's say I pay
> $40/month for 400 minutes. If my contract is a year then why can't I have
> 4800 total minutes since I am paying for them anyway? Remember, contracts
> are yearly...and 400 minutes over a year is 4800. So basically those
> minutes
> should be mine anyway since I'm paying for them. But since after the
> monthly
> cycle is over those minutes I didn't use that I paid for are stripped away
> from me with no regard. Why? I really hope some one, just ONE person can
> agree with me on this and understand that having roll over minutes really
> would be nice. WE ALL PAY FOR OUR MINUTES, SO WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THEM ALL
> DURING OUR SIGNED BINDED CONTRACTS?
>
> O well, at least I try. I'm writing to Verizon's management and will
> continue to write to important people in that company. I will also add a
> sub-domain on my domain for this so we all can participate and maybe
> change
> the rules to benefit us. What's wrong with trying to benefit ourselves?
> There has to be one person in here that agrees and thinks what I'm saying
> makes sense. Do you?
>
> I'll post the new sub-domain soon....for all to see! Maybe we can change
> it,
> to make it better!
>
>
January 6, 2005 1:33:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Whatever dude...you've missed my point in the past several times so I don't
expect you to actually understand me now.

"Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
news:cri7o4$757$1@ratbert.glorb.com...
> xman@thedripper.com wrote:
> > I love you all my Verizon buddies!
>
> It's your right to hate Verizon Wireless, but I don't see why you have
such a
> hard-on for people who like VZW.
>
> > Of course that's all bullshit. Some of you are saying, my god...this
idiot
> > is still here bitching and complaining. Yes sir...I am still here.
>
> Yeah, but now you're pissing and moaning that there are people that don't
feel
> the same way as you do about Verizon. Get over it, get over yourself, and
get a
> life already.
>
> And before you accuse me of being a stupid Verizon customer, I'll remind
you
> again that I no longer use Verizon because they stopped meeting my needs.
I'm
> not pro-Verizon, just anti-idiot.
>
> > O well, at least I try. I'm writing to Verizon's management
>
> What are you writing? "I'm on crack, please listen to me"?
>
> > There has to be one person in here that agrees and thinks what I'm
saying
> > makes sense. Do you?
>
> You can do whatever you want to do. Just don't slam the people in this
> newsgroup for using Verizon. There *are* people for whom Verizon's network
works.
>
> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
sjsobol@JustThe.net
> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 1:33:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

xman@thedripper.com wrote:
> Whatever dude...you've missed my point in the past several times so I don't
> expect you to actually understand me now.

I think I got your point. Verizon hasn't worked for you, and you're pissed
because no one has better coverage in your area. You've made that clear.

I don't speak for the other people reading this newsgroup, but I don't
personally have a problem with that. Ain't no wireless companies out there that
service the whole country, let alone service it well. Everyone has bad spots.
You are obviously in one of Verizon's, and I don't fault you for being upset
about the problems you've had trying to make things right.

Just stop attacking people who use Verizon simply because they use Verizon. I'm
sure you can find better things to do with your time.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
January 6, 2005 4:22:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Why don't you just switch to Cingular when your contract expires? Vote
with your feet. I just did. Was very satisified but moved to Cingular
after 10 years because Cingular could help me where Verizon wasn't able to.

xman@thedripper.com wrote:
> I love you all my Verizon buddies! Let's try and make Verizon Wireless one
> of the most profitable cellular companies in the world! Even if they would
> EVER surprise us long term customer's with some great specials and deals
> let's refuse them!!! Even if they wanted to offer us 7pm start nights part
> of nights calling...screw that. I don't want that. Let's take an example if
> they wanted to actually let us use the un-used minutes from our previous
> month...NO WAY. Don't take that. We want them to profit and just keep
> getting more customer's without the increase of service performance or
> customer satisfaction when there's a problem.
>
> Of course that's all bullshit. Some of you are saying, my god...this idiot
> is still here bitching and complaining. Yes sir...I am still here. If my
> posts and bitching really bother you move on and don't waste your time to
> even respond. But my gripe this year is to get Verizon to let us get roll
> over minutes! I mean we all pay for this minutes up front, so why can't we
> use them??
>
> Listen, seriously...this does make sense. Really...
>
> This is just an example...that's all this is....
>
> Contracts are yearly. When you sign up for service, you are agreeing to a
> yearly or even two year contract. Even if you end this contract, you are
> forced to pay a high fee. We can all agree on this. So let's say I pay
> $40/month for 400 minutes. If my contract is a year then why can't I have
> 4800 total minutes since I am paying for them anyway? Remember, contracts
> are yearly...and 400 minutes over a year is 4800. So basically those minutes
> should be mine anyway since I'm paying for them. But since after the monthly
> cycle is over those minutes I didn't use that I paid for are stripped away
> from me with no regard. Why? I really hope some one, just ONE person can
> agree with me on this and understand that having roll over minutes really
> would be nice. WE ALL PAY FOR OUR MINUTES, SO WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THEM ALL
> DURING OUR SIGNED BINDED CONTRACTS?
>
> O well, at least I try. I'm writing to Verizon's management and will
> continue to write to important people in that company. I will also add a
> sub-domain on my domain for this so we all can participate and maybe change
> the rules to benefit us. What's wrong with trying to benefit ourselves?
> There has to be one person in here that agrees and thinks what I'm saying
> makes sense. Do you?
>
> I'll post the new sub-domain soon....for all to see! Maybe we can change it,
> to make it better!
>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 12:04:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I know you're venting to the group and I understand. You're not going to
change Verizon, so in the real world, you are only venting to the group.
I've had one Verizon phone for a long time. My single rate west rate plan
tells the regulars how long I've been on Verizon. Verizon is my rural
America back up phone. Verizon in their backward ways has never changed and
I've never ordered a 2nd phone.



<xman@thedripper.com> wrote in message
news:10tp2q8sa5fvje5@corp.supernews.com...
>I love you all my Verizon buddies! Let's try and make Verizon Wireless one
January 6, 2005 12:51:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

There are some people that change the world and some that just want to
change a cellular phone company.

"Julie Ruin" <julieruin@mixmail.com> wrote in message
news:Fz4Dd.14077$yW5.4756@fed1read02...
> I absolutely understand the way you feel. Unfortunately Verizon Wireless
is
> a capitalistic enterprise not a democratic one.
>
> I am glad to see you are very passionate about all this, starting a
web-site
> and all. However, why don't you try to focus your energy on something a
> little more worthy like Chevron's Oil Dictatorship in Nigeria? Or the
no-bid
> contracts Vice President Dick Cheney is giving to his friends?
>
> Since we are on alt.cellular.verizon, I think it is only appropriate to
> mention that Verizon Wireless was the only company that challenged the
> Federal Government when they awarded the no-bid contract to build a
cellular
> network to MCI WorldCom (YES, the MCI that broke the bankruptcy record).
>
> xman;
>
> pause for a moment and thing about this:
>
> When you are old and wrinkled do you want your grandchildren to look at
you
> and say "that's the guy who brought roll-over minutes to Verizon Wireless"
> or "that's my grandpa, he made the world we live in better for us"
>
> You have a lot of energy and passion, I hope you make the most of it.
>
> -julie
>
>
> <xman@thedripper.com> wrote in message
> news:10tp2q8sa5fvje5@corp.supernews.com...
> >I love you all my Verizon buddies! Let's try and make Verizon Wireless
one
> > of the most profitable cellular companies in the world! Even if they
would
> > EVER surprise us long term customer's with some great specials and deals
> > let's refuse them!!! Even if they wanted to offer us 7pm start nights
part
> > of nights calling...screw that. I don't want that. Let's take an example
> > if
> > they wanted to actually let us use the un-used minutes from our previous
> > month...NO WAY. Don't take that. We want them to profit and just keep
> > getting more customer's without the increase of service performance or
> > customer satisfaction when there's a problem.
> >
> > Of course that's all bullshit. Some of you are saying, my god...this
idiot
> > is still here bitching and complaining. Yes sir...I am still here. If my
> > posts and bitching really bother you move on and don't waste your time
to
> > even respond. But my gripe this year is to get Verizon to let us get
roll
> > over minutes! I mean we all pay for this minutes up front, so why can't
we
> > use them??
> >
> > Listen, seriously...this does make sense. Really...
> >
> > This is just an example...that's all this is....
> >
> > Contracts are yearly. When you sign up for service, you are agreeing to
a
> > yearly or even two year contract. Even if you end this contract, you are
> > forced to pay a high fee. We can all agree on this. So let's say I pay
> > $40/month for 400 minutes. If my contract is a year then why can't I
have
> > 4800 total minutes since I am paying for them anyway? Remember,
contracts
> > are yearly...and 400 minutes over a year is 4800. So basically those
> > minutes
> > should be mine anyway since I'm paying for them. But since after the
> > monthly
> > cycle is over those minutes I didn't use that I paid for are stripped
away
> > from me with no regard. Why? I really hope some one, just ONE person can
> > agree with me on this and understand that having roll over minutes
really
> > would be nice. WE ALL PAY FOR OUR MINUTES, SO WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THEM ALL
> > DURING OUR SIGNED BINDED CONTRACTS?
> >
> > O well, at least I try. I'm writing to Verizon's management and will
> > continue to write to important people in that company. I will also add a
> > sub-domain on my domain for this so we all can participate and maybe
> > change
> > the rules to benefit us. What's wrong with trying to benefit ourselves?
> > There has to be one person in here that agrees and thinks what I'm
saying
> > makes sense. Do you?
> >
> > I'll post the new sub-domain soon....for all to see! Maybe we can change
> > it,
> > to make it better!
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 12:51:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

xman@thedripper.com wrote:
> There are some people that change the world and some that just want to
> change a cellular phone company.

and there are some people like Xman that act like jerks towards others because
they don't share his view.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 2:11:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:28:53 -0800, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
wrote:

>xman@thedripper.com wrote:
>> I love you all my Verizon buddies!
>
>It's your right to hate Verizon Wireless, but I don't see why you have such a
>hard-on for people who like VZW.
>
>> Of course that's all bullshit. Some of you are saying, my god...this idiot
>> is still here bitching and complaining. Yes sir...I am still here.
>
>Yeah, but now you're pissing and moaning that there are people that don't feel
>the same way as you do about Verizon. Get over it, get over yourself, and get a
>life already.
>
>And before you accuse me of being a stupid Verizon customer, I'll remind you
>again that I no longer use Verizon because they stopped meeting my needs. I'm
>not pro-Verizon, just anti-idiot.
>
>> O well, at least I try. I'm writing to Verizon's management
>
>What are you writing? "I'm on crack, please listen to me"?
>
>> There has to be one person in here that agrees and thinks what I'm saying
>> makes sense. Do you?
>
>You can do whatever you want to do. Just don't slam the people in this
>newsgroup for using Verizon. There *are* people for whom Verizon's network works.

Just curious. Your posts seem to be showing up twice in the same
thread. Same with" momcat" Do you see the same post twice?

I'm asking because a few weeks ago there was a problem with my
provider's news server. Was wondeing if I should contact them again.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 2:11:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Teddeli wrote:

> Just curious. Your posts seem to be showing up twice in the same
> thread. Same with" momcat" Do you see the same post twice?

I don't, but I appreciate your pointing it out. I'll let you know if I do.

> I'm asking because a few weeks ago there was a problem with my
> provider's news server. Was wondeing if I should contact them again.

Maybe. Have them email me if they see a problem between the two servers and I
will point them at the person who runs my news server.


--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 3:03:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Steve Sobol wrote:
> xman@thedripper.com wrote:
>> There are some people that change the world and some that just want
>> to change a cellular phone company.
>
> and there are some people like Xman that act like jerks towards
> others because they don't share his view.

Isn't this just Killer Madness? who is trolling?

-Quick
January 6, 2005 6:37:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Sorry, if you can't deal with an strong opinionated person and you're
offended easily that's not my issue.

"Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
news:crjr6a$iat$1@ratbert.glorb.com...
> xman@thedripper.com wrote:
> > There are some people that change the world and some that just want to
> > change a cellular phone company.
>
> and there are some people like Xman that act like jerks towards others
because
> they don't share his view.
>
> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
sjsobol@JustThe.net
> PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
January 6, 2005 6:56:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I really do not think that Verizon Wireless is going to change the way that
they do business just for one person. It is just not going to happen. You
would have to get 100's of thousands of people to write and complain to
Verizon Wireless before they would even THINK about changing the way that
they operate. Then they MIGHT consider it then. The key word here is MIGHT,
but don't count on it. I personally think Verizon wireless is a good
wireless company. I never have any trouble using the service where ever I
go. I live in the Cincinnati Ohio/ Northern Kentucky area and I tried all of
the wireless companies and I just like Verizon the best. Never get any
dropped calls and they have good coverage. I have been with Verizon
Wireless for almost 2 years and would not switch for any thing.


<xman@thedripper.com> wrote in message
news:10tp2q8sa5fvje5@corp.supernews.com...
>I love you all my Verizon buddies! Let's try and make Verizon Wireless one
> of the most profitable cellular companies in the world! Even if they would
> EVER surprise us long term customer's with some great specials and deals
> let's refuse them!!! Even if they wanted to offer us 7pm start nights part
> of nights calling...screw that. I don't want that. Let's take an example
> if
> they wanted to actually let us use the un-used minutes from our previous
> month...NO WAY. Don't take that. We want them to profit and just keep
> getting more customer's without the increase of service performance or
> customer satisfaction when there's a problem.
>
> Of course that's all bullshit. Some of you are saying, my god...this idiot
> is still here bitching and complaining. Yes sir...I am still here. If my
> posts and bitching really bother you move on and don't waste your time to
> even respond. But my gripe this year is to get Verizon to let us get roll
> over minutes! I mean we all pay for this minutes up front, so why can't we
> use them??
>
> Listen, seriously...this does make sense. Really...
>
> This is just an example...that's all this is....
>
> Contracts are yearly. When you sign up for service, you are agreeing to a
> yearly or even two year contract. Even if you end this contract, you are
> forced to pay a high fee. We can all agree on this. So let's say I pay
> $40/month for 400 minutes. If my contract is a year then why can't I have
> 4800 total minutes since I am paying for them anyway? Remember, contracts
> are yearly...and 400 minutes over a year is 4800. So basically those
> minutes
> should be mine anyway since I'm paying for them. But since after the
> monthly
> cycle is over those minutes I didn't use that I paid for are stripped away
> from me with no regard. Why? I really hope some one, just ONE person can
> agree with me on this and understand that having roll over minutes really
> would be nice. WE ALL PAY FOR OUR MINUTES, SO WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THEM ALL
> DURING OUR SIGNED BINDED CONTRACTS?
>
> O well, at least I try. I'm writing to Verizon's management and will
> continue to write to important people in that company. I will also add a
> sub-domain on my domain for this so we all can participate and maybe
> change
> the rules to benefit us. What's wrong with trying to benefit ourselves?
> There has to be one person in here that agrees and thinks what I'm saying
> makes sense. Do you?
>
> I'll post the new sub-domain soon....for all to see! Maybe we can change
> it,
> to make it better!
>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 6:56:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

xman@thedripper.com wrote:
> Well, I wasn't aware so many people were so closed minded. The reason
> for the post was maybe to start some thing along those lines...it's
> been done before and why is everyone so afraid or so against it?
> Because you think you will lose? Because it's a challenge? Hahahaha,
> please...if everyone acted like those people who thought it's a
> losing battle we'd still be living in the dark ages.

I'm not afraid, or against it. It would simply be a total (and rather
moronic) waste of my time. I know what I want, I know what I
pay, I know what I get. If someone was to offer more of what
I want or what I'm getting for less than I'm paying I'd switch. It's
called competition. I'm not juvenile/naive enough to think that
VZW doesn't know this.

Since there are hundreds of millions of cell phone customers I
am also confident that any sort of service packaging that I might
want that enough other customers want has been evaluated by
the providers.

I'll really stretch here and assume that you can grasp some really
basic economic concepts (I know you ran out of meds again but
I don't think they've completely worn off yet). Business will price
their products to maximize profit unless artificially restricted. VZW
seems to be doing pretty well at that. If you overprice your product
you will lose customers to the competition and your profits will
drop. If you underprice your product you will be able to sell all you
have but profits will drop.

The sum effect of rollover is a lower price for the product. The way
to get VZW to lower their prices (or go out of business) is to vote
with your feet and go somewhere else. Currently I have no desire
to do that -- see above. Maybe you should vote with your feet and
encourage others to do the same... oh, I forgot, your wife won't
let you. So, in the end, I guess it's you that's afraid, you already lost,
you weren't up to the challenge. I hope you are able to get back on
your meds to ease the failure. It must be very frustrating for you.

-Quick
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 7:32:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I only saw it once.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 9:39:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <10tr8c58ehm6643@corp.supernews.com>, xman@thedripper.com
says...
> Sorry, if you can't deal with an strong opinionated person and you're
> offended easily that's not my issue.
>
> "Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
> news:crjr6a$iat$1@ratbert.glorb.com...
> > xman@thedripper.com wrote:
> > > There are some people that change the world and some that just want to
> > > change a cellular phone company.
> >
> > and there are some people like Xman that act like jerks towards others
> because
> > they don't share his view.
> >
> > --
> > JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> > Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
> sjsobol@JustThe.net
> > PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> > Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
>
>
>
So, you agree you're a jerk then....strike 2.
Unnecessary rudeness to others was strike 1.



--

Drum-
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 6, 2005 10:50:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:40:02 -0500, <xman@thedripper.com> wrote:

>Well, I wasn't aware so many people were so closed minded. The reason for
>the post was maybe to start some thing along those lines...it's been done
>before and why is everyone so afraid or so against it? Because you think you
>will lose? Because it's a challenge? Hahahaha, please...if everyone acted
>like those people who thought it's a losing battle we'd still be living in
>the dark ages.

This is a Verizonwireless newsgroup. Who do you expect to be lurking
and posting here?
January 7, 2005 10:34:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

O, the kids three strike game huh? Rude? Man, where are you people from?
Take a walk through NYC and every stranger you practically run into is rude.
I don't care if I have 20 strikes against me....because people don't like me
or disagree with me for what I say is going to make me refrain from posting
or stop? O please, it's gotta be some thing better than that.

"Drumstick" <ryburk@no.spam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1c47962adb633684989765@newsgroups.bellsouth.net...
> In article <10tr8c58ehm6643@corp.supernews.com>, xman@thedripper.com
> says...
> > Sorry, if you can't deal with an strong opinionated person and you're
> > offended easily that's not my issue.
> >
> > "Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
> > news:crjr6a$iat$1@ratbert.glorb.com...
> > > xman@thedripper.com wrote:
> > > > There are some people that change the world and some that just want
to
> > > > change a cellular phone company.
> > >
> > > and there are some people like Xman that act like jerks towards others
> > because
> > > they don't share his view.
> > >
> > > --
> > > JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
> > > Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
> > sjsobol@JustThe.net
> > > PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
> > > Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three
kids.
> >
> >
> >
> So, you agree you're a jerk then....strike 2.
> Unnecessary rudeness to others was strike 1.
>
>
>
> --
>
> Drum-
January 7, 2005 10:38:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Why do I expect?"

What's that mean? I'll post where ever, when ever...if you don't like it
then filter me out. In any case, I like to read even the posts that I don't
agree with, I can take it and I'm not easily offended like most people are.

"Teddeli" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:04nrt0533e357nslb5v2f69tp8na2k2ol8@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:40:02 -0500, <xman@thedripper.com> wrote:
>
> >Well, I wasn't aware so many people were so closed minded. The reason for
> >the post was maybe to start some thing along those lines...it's been done
> >before and why is everyone so afraid or so against it? Because you think
you
> >will lose? Because it's a challenge? Hahahaha, please...if everyone acted
> >like those people who thought it's a losing battle we'd still be living
in
> >the dark ages.
>
> This is a Verizonwireless newsgroup. Who do you expect to be lurking
> and posting here?
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 8, 2005 1:35:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I agree with you. We should be able to roll over our minutes. While VZW is
the most expensive of the wireless companies, I find them to be the best
cell phone company too.

<xman@thedripper.com> wrote in message
news:10tp2q8sa5fvje5@corp.supernews.com...
>I love you all my Verizon buddies! Let's try and make Verizon Wireless one
> of the most profitable cellular companies in the world! Even if they would
> EVER surprise us long term customer's with some great specials and deals
> let's refuse them!!! Even if they wanted to offer us 7pm start nights part
> of nights calling...screw that. I don't want that. Let's take an example
> if
> they wanted to actually let us use the un-used minutes from our previous
> month...NO WAY. Don't take that. We want them to profit and just keep
> getting more customer's without the increase of service performance or
> customer satisfaction when there's a problem.
>
> Of course that's all bullshit. Some of you are saying, my god...this idiot
> is still here bitching and complaining. Yes sir...I am still here. If my
> posts and bitching really bother you move on and don't waste your time to
> even respond. But my gripe this year is to get Verizon to let us get roll
> over minutes! I mean we all pay for this minutes up front, so why can't we
> use them??
>
> Listen, seriously...this does make sense. Really...
>
> This is just an example...that's all this is....
>
> Contracts are yearly. When you sign up for service, you are agreeing to a
> yearly or even two year contract. Even if you end this contract, you are
> forced to pay a high fee. We can all agree on this. So let's say I pay
> $40/month for 400 minutes. If my contract is a year then why can't I have
> 4800 total minutes since I am paying for them anyway? Remember, contracts
> are yearly...and 400 minutes over a year is 4800. So basically those
> minutes
> should be mine anyway since I'm paying for them. But since after the
> monthly
> cycle is over those minutes I didn't use that I paid for are stripped away
> from me with no regard. Why? I really hope some one, just ONE person can
> agree with me on this and understand that having roll over minutes really
> would be nice. WE ALL PAY FOR OUR MINUTES, SO WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THEM ALL
> DURING OUR SIGNED BINDED CONTRACTS?
>
> O well, at least I try. I'm writing to Verizon's management and will
> continue to write to important people in that company. I will also add a
> sub-domain on my domain for this so we all can participate and maybe
> change
> the rules to benefit us. What's wrong with trying to benefit ourselves?
> There has to be one person in here that agrees and thinks what I'm saying
> makes sense. Do you?
>
> I'll post the new sub-domain soon....for all to see! Maybe we can change
> it,
> to make it better!
>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 8, 2005 1:35:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Ben Skversky wrote:
> I agree with you. We should be able to roll over our minutes. While
> VZW is the most expensive of the wireless companies, I find them to
> be the best cell phone company too.

Would you be willing to pay more for plans if they had rollover?

-Quick
January 8, 2005 1:35:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

If the raise in price wasn't a large one, I would pay a little more for roll
over. We pay each month for those minutes...we should be able to use them
even if we didn't finish them in a month. It's a fact. Verizon won't be "the
best network" forever and one day will have to consider lowering their price
and giving nice promotions like roll over minutes.





"Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1105138233.296544@sj-nntpcache-3...
> Ben Skversky wrote:
> > I agree with you. We should be able to roll over our minutes. While
> > VZW is the most expensive of the wireless companies, I find them to
> > be the best cell phone company too.
>
> Would you be willing to pay more for plans if they had rollover?
>
> -Quick
>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 8, 2005 7:36:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

no, i'm paying enough now.

"Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1105138233.296544@sj-nntpcache-3...
> Ben Skversky wrote:
>> I agree with you. We should be able to roll over our minutes. While
>> VZW is the most expensive of the wireless companies, I find them to
>> be the best cell phone company too.
>
> Would you be willing to pay more for plans if they had rollover?
>
> -Quick
>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 8, 2005 12:31:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 19:38:32 -0500, <xman@thedripper.com> wrote:

>"Why do I expect?"
>
>What's that mean? I'll post where ever, when ever...if you don't like it
>then filter me out. In any case, I like to read even the posts that I don't
>agree with, I can take it and I'm not easily offended like most people are.
>
>"Teddeli" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:04nrt0533e357nslb5v2f69tp8na2k2ol8@4ax.com...
>> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:40:02 -0500, <xman@thedripper.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Well, I wasn't aware so many people were so closed minded. The reason for
>> >the post was maybe to start some thing along those lines...it's been done
>> >before and why is everyone so afraid or so against it? Because you think
>you
>> >will lose? Because it's a challenge? Hahahaha, please...if everyone acted
>> >like those people who thought it's a losing battle we'd still be living
>in
>> >the dark ages.
>>
>> This is a Verizonwireless newsgroup. Who do you expect to be lurking
>> and posting here?
>>
>
The question says who not why.

Yes you can post where and when tou please. Its just that people in
this newsgroup have preferences for Verizon. It should be expected
that they don't fully agree with you.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 9, 2005 7:18:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

xman@thedripper.com wrote:
> "think that people that say that all New Yorkers are rude/jerks/whatever are
> idiots".
>
> Please, just because you've visited there, have friends there or family that
> lives near by does not make you an expert or anything informative about NY
> in anyway. Since I have lived in Manhattan for many years I think I've
> earned the right to say what I want and for some one that's just visited
> there to tell me different doesn't justify whatsoever. You just know
> everything, don't you?

Yeah, whatever, I already know you'll say anything just to disagree with me.
See, *I* don't have the problem with New Yorkers being jerks that you
apparently do. But then, if you act in real life like you act on the newsgroup,
it's no wonder people are rude to you... whether or not you live in NYC.

That was the point I was making. You seem to enjoy making an ass out of
yourself; fine, whatever floats your boat. Just don't whine when people reflect
your attitude back at you.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 9, 2005 7:19:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <10u3e42jgouaj8a@corp.supernews.com>, <xman@thedripper.com>
wrote:

> "think that people that say that all New Yorkers are
> rude/jerks/whatever are idiots".
>
> Please, just because you've visited there, have friends there or
> family that lives near by does not make you an expert or anything
> informative about NY in anyway. Since I have lived in Manhattan for
> many years I think I've earned the right to say what I want and for
> some one that's just visited there to tell me different doesn't
> justify whatsoever. You just know everything, don't you?

OK, so you think that everyone in NYC is rude and a jerk, and you live
in NYC.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 9, 2005 7:29:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
news:michelle-A3BB9B.16193309012005@news.west.cox.net...

>
> OK, so you think that everyone in NYC is rude and a jerk, and you live
> in NYC.
>
> --

And that would pretty well sum it up. The change in his Usenet ID does not
correlate to any hope in having a clue.
January 9, 2005 9:06:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

If they don't agree with me, I'm ok with that. It's the other people that
don't agree with me that get their feathers all ruffled up and blow a top
off. I'm suppose to just stop posting because people disagree or tell me to
stop? Sorry...their argument has to get better than that.

"Teddeli" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:r9rvt0lhskgci60c792rra4rd6rdh8ptcs@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 19:38:32 -0500, <xman@thedripper.com> wrote:
>
> >"Why do I expect?"
> >
> >What's that mean? I'll post where ever, when ever...if you don't like it
> >then filter me out. In any case, I like to read even the posts that I
don't
> >agree with, I can take it and I'm not easily offended like most people
are.
> >
> >"Teddeli" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >news:04nrt0533e357nslb5v2f69tp8na2k2ol8@4ax.com...
> >> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:40:02 -0500, <xman@thedripper.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> >Well, I wasn't aware so many people were so closed minded. The reason
for
> >> >the post was maybe to start some thing along those lines...it's been
done
> >> >before and why is everyone so afraid or so against it? Because you
think
> >you
> >> >will lose? Because it's a challenge? Hahahaha, please...if everyone
acted
> >> >like those people who thought it's a losing battle we'd still be
living
> >in
> >> >the dark ages.
> >>
> >> This is a Verizonwireless newsgroup. Who do you expect to be lurking
> >> and posting here?
> >>
> >
> The question says who not why.
>
> Yes you can post where and when tou please. Its just that people in
> this newsgroup have preferences for Verizon. It should be expected
> that they don't fully agree with you.
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 10, 2005 4:23:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

> But my gripe this year is to get Verizon to let us get roll
> over minutes! I mean we all pay for this minutes up front, so why can't we
> use them??

I had heard that Cingular has a "patent" on rollover minutes. The
patent is not a physical patent, but a patent on a business idea. When
I heard this I reserached it, found no definite answer, but that it is
possible to have a patent on a business idea. If this is the case, it
will be a long time before Verizon Wireless could offer rollover.
Besides, I doubt they would want to because it would cut into their
overage revenue.

TH
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 10, 2005 4:35:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

> If the raise in price wasn't a large one, I would pay a little more for roll
> over. We pay each month for those minutes...we should be able to use them
> even if we didn't finish them in a month. It's a fact. Verizon won't be "the
> best network" forever and one day will have to consider lowering their price
> and giving nice promotions like roll over minutes.

Just wait a few years. Now that Cingular purchased AT&T Wireless, it
has greatly increased its spectrum. It now has the option to build out
in areas it in the past could not. Verizon Wireless has the least
spectrum per subscriber of the national players.

After Cingular has finished absorbing AT&T, I think it will be expanding
with the newly acquired spectrum.

And with Sprint-Nextel, assuming everything if finalized as planned,
that may provide more competition with Verizon Wireless. Sprint gained
the Qwest contract, the Virgin contract, and now has the AT&T contract.
Sounds like Sprint may have a good reason to expand its network.

TH
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 10, 2005 4:13:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 01:35:28 GMT, Tropical Haven wrote:

> And with Sprint-Nextel, assuming everything if finalized as planned,
> that may provide more competition with Verizon Wireless. Sprint gained
> the Qwest contract, the Virgin contract, and now has the AT&T contract.
> Sounds like Sprint may have a good reason to expand its network.

I hope so. They aren't worth a sh** in most areas I visit.
January 10, 2005 11:51:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

You have to re-read some previous posts in this thread. Your statement, if
you're actually following the thread is out of context completely. "every
stranger you practically run into".... remember that? Of course
not.....either you just skipped down real fast to make a snippy comment or
it just went over your head.

I don't consider myself a stranger. Sorry.

"Michelle Steiner" <michelle@michelle.org> wrote in message
news:michelle-A3BB9B.16193309012005@news.west.cox.net...
> In article <10u3e42jgouaj8a@corp.supernews.com>, <xman@thedripper.com>
> wrote:
>
> > "think that people that say that all New Yorkers are
> > rude/jerks/whatever are idiots".
> >
> > Please, just because you've visited there, have friends there or
> > family that lives near by does not make you an expert or anything
> > informative about NY in anyway. Since I have lived in Manhattan for
> > many years I think I've earned the right to say what I want and for
> > some one that's just visited there to tell me different doesn't
> > justify whatsoever. You just know everything, don't you?
>
> OK, so you think that everyone in NYC is rude and a jerk, and you live
> in NYC.
>
> --
> Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush.
January 10, 2005 11:53:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Multiple cellular companies....and the manufacturing market for phones is
probably %80 for GSM and %20 for what ever else there is. What will last?
GSM? TDMA? Cellular towers will be extinct in years to come and low flying
sats will be all we have left. Well, my guess anyway.

"Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message
news:41E1DBE2.6040307@example.net...
> > If the raise in price wasn't a large one, I would pay a little more for
roll
> > over. We pay each month for those minutes...we should be able to use
them
> > even if we didn't finish them in a month. It's a fact. Verizon won't be
"the
> > best network" forever and one day will have to consider lowering their
price
> > and giving nice promotions like roll over minutes.
>
> Just wait a few years. Now that Cingular purchased AT&T Wireless, it
> has greatly increased its spectrum. It now has the option to build out
> in areas it in the past could not. Verizon Wireless has the least
> spectrum per subscriber of the national players.
>
> After Cingular has finished absorbing AT&T, I think it will be expanding
> with the newly acquired spectrum.
>
> And with Sprint-Nextel, assuming everything if finalized as planned,
> that may provide more competition with Verizon Wireless. Sprint gained
> the Qwest contract, the Virgin contract, and now has the AT&T contract.
> Sounds like Sprint may have a good reason to expand its network.
>
> TH
>
!