Slow computer

--
robr
1 answer Last reply

    I am assuming that your 'old' PC and 'new' PC are the same.

    In any case, with such small partitions, you have crippled the
    performance by using NTFS. I have produced *the same* symptoms on my
    laptop by converting the 30Gb disk from FAT 32 to NTFS. PartitionMagic
    won't convert it back (it should be able to) so it'll be a reinstall
    when time allows. On such small partitions as ours, the delay is
    **very** noticeable.

    I would not bother messing with anything else until you have got this
    issue sorted. Personally, I'd use NTFS on your 80Gb drive and no
    partitions. If you want your current partition setup go FAT 32.

    See www.ntfs.com for more general info that you may find helpful.

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy

    ** Amateurs built the Ark, but professionals built the Titanic.**

Computers Windows XP