Slow computer

March 27, 2005 12:30:12 AM

--
robr

More about : slow computer

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 3:40:05 PM

I am assuming that your 'old' PC and 'new' PC are the same.

In any case, with such small partitions, you have crippled the
performance by using NTFS. I have produced *the same* symptoms on my
laptop by converting the 30Gb disk from FAT 32 to NTFS. PartitionMagic
won't convert it back (it should be able to) so it'll be a reinstall
when time allows. On such small partitions as ours, the delay is
**very** noticeable.

I would not bother messing with anything else until you have got this
issue sorted. Personally, I'd use NTFS on your 80Gb drive and no
partitions. If you want your current partition setup go FAT 32.

See www.ntfs.com for more general info that you may find helpful.

--
Cheers,

Guy

** Amateurs built the Ark, but professionals built the Titanic.**
!