CAN I INSTALL NEED FOR SPEED THE RUN 32 BIT GAME ON A 64 BIT OS

gudgen2004

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
i have a sony vpcsa core i5 64 bit 2gig video mem laptop that should run almost any game but not need for speed the run
theres a wasted 50 bucks my god why wont this game load??????

TheFNCount

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
As for the title's question: Yes, you should be able to run it.
As for the actual post: 2 gig video mem is nice, however, keep in mind that laptop video cards do not meet the desktop equivalent title(for example a GTS 250M does not perform as well as a GTS 250). Also, most games actually do say that mobile versions of cards may work, however are not supported. It may also have something to do with the Harddrive (If it is a low speed it will take a while to load). Most laptops start out with the low end HDD and then are upgraded in the configurator. So, what I would suggest is to determine if you computer can run the game (it seems from your post that you are assuming).

Here is some ways to determine if your computer can run it (Theoretically)

WEI: This is for Vista and 7: the game should have a WEI number, see if your index is higher than the number for the game

the actual games recommeded settings: compare them and see if you are above or below any of the requirements

www.systemrequirementslab.com: I used to use this online tool before I bought a new game. It came in handy.

Hope this helps