UPS recommendation?

gymscat

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
Any recommends for a good UPS at a good price?
Thx
Gary

-------------------------
Athlon XP Barton 2500+
A7N8X Deluxe MB
1 Gb OCZ Dual Channel DDR RAM
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
Leadtek WinFast 2000 XP TV Tuner
Seagate 160 G. SATA
LG 4040 DVD
Klipsch Promedia 2.1

RobD

Champion
Think he means Uninterruptible Power Supply.

<font color=blue>"Like German tourists, the stupid are everywhere." - Arnold J Rimmer</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I got my huge APC UPS for free at auction (bid $25 for a cheap computer, they threw in the UPS). It had 4 dead 6v batteries, which I replaced with 2 12v batteries twice the size (to save money). These batteries were $13 each at Batteries.com.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

RobD

Champion
True.

Although he could also have meant United Parcel Service. you never can tell with some people.

<font color=blue>"Like German tourists, the stupid are everywhere." - Arnold J Rimmer</font color=blue>

jon_west_uk

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2003
There are quite a few APC UPS being recalled at the moment. This maybe why they threw it in for free?? Might be worth checking the APC website for more info as you dont want to wake up one morning to discover your house has burnt down around you!!

Someone please unwire me...the gadgets are taking over!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
This things older than you are. They threw it in because it was beat up and nasty and nobody thought it would work.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>