External 160 gig HD

Kezz

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

Hi

I'm getting an external HD tomorrow.

One question is...

When installing a program on to it, will I be able to run the program. Or
are they just for backup and storage.

I presume that the program itself will install on the new HD but the system
files will install on the usuall C:/ drive.

Is this right?

Thanks for your help

kezz

--
Remove the obvious if replying by mail

Kezz,
I use an external 200 Gig HD. It is connected to my USB port. The
system uses it just like any other hard drive, no different. You can
transfer and run programs the same as if it was an internal HD. The
programs seem to run a little slower on the external hard drive.
TonySper