Want WinXP not change Daylight Savings in 2k domain

I know that this sounds strange, but I have a requirement for one WinXP PC to
NOT change it’s time when our Win2k DC’s change their clocks to reflect
daylight savings.

Bottom line: When the servers change from Eastern Standard Time to Eastern
Daylight Savings Time, I have one PC that must stay on Eastern Standard Time,
and not get it’s time changed from the DC’s. Is there a way to prevent this
from happening?

One thought was to do a registry hack on the PC, and change the following
parameter:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters

Type : REG_SZ
Used to control how a computer synchronizes.
NoSync = do not synchronize time

Is this the way to go, or is there a GPO that I can implement? Or, would it
be much simpler to change the clock setting on the desk top, and uncheck the
option to “Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes?�

What do you all think?
1 answer Last reply
More about want winxp change daylight savings domain

    You should be able to just double click on your clock in the Systray.
    Go to the Time Zone tab, & remove the checkmark from Automatically
    Adjust.... toward the bottom.

    Carol2

    "KeithD." <keith_duckworth@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
    >I know that this sounds strange, but I have a requirement for one WinXP
    >PC to
    > NOT change it's time when our Win2k DC's change their clocks to
    > reflect
    > daylight savings.
    >
    > Bottom line: When the servers change from Eastern Standard Time to
    > Eastern
    > Daylight Savings Time, I have one PC that must stay on Eastern
    > Standard Time,
    > and not get it's time changed from the DC's. Is there a way to
    > prevent this
    > from happening?
    >
    > One thought was to do a registry hack on the PC, and change the
    > following
    > parameter:
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters
    >
    > Type : REG_SZ
    > Used to control how a computer synchronizes.
    > NoSync = do not synchronize time
    >
    > Is this the way to go, or is there a GPO that I can implement? Or,
    > would it
    > be much simpler to change the clock setting on the desk top, and
    > uncheck the
    > option to "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes?"
    >
    > What do you all think?

Domain Windows XP