Windows XP Performance

I have Windows XP Home Edition. I have 11 profiles that are active and
continuosly in use majorly for browsing. I have Kazaa Lite Installed and my
siblings play a lot of online games. There are also a lot of animated icons
added to the MSN Messenger. The computer has been working really slow for the
past month (it is a brand new computer, 3 months old).

Could the Kazaa been causing this? how does online games affect the
computer's performance? what is the virtual memory? PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND
THIS!

John

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=ESWIKKFVTEYCUMMGLKA

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"John John" wrote:

| I have Windows XP Home Edition. I have 11 profiles that are active and
| continuosly in use majorly for browsing. I have Kazaa Lite Installed and my
| siblings play a lot of online games. There are also a lot of animated icons
| added to the MSN Messenger. The computer has been working really slow for the
| past month (it is a brand new computer, 3 months old).
|
| Could the Kazaa been causing this? how does online games affect the
| computer's performance? what is the virtual memory? PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND
| THIS!
|
| John

"John John" wrote:

[Kazaa horror story #2329934 snipped for brevity.]

> Could the Kazaa been causing this?

Yes. Bet the ranch and your first born that Kazaa may be the cause. The
online games may be yet another part of the problem. You need do download,
run, and install (1) Ad Aware (www.lavasoft.com) and (2) the Microsoft beta
antispyware program
(www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx). After you
do this, update Windows using Windows Update (including SP2 if you don't
already have it).

Ken