re-windows installer+microsoft money

hi there- i have just recently started to have problems with my dell pc..on
certain desktop short cuts and even on web links ( it happened when i went to
post a message on this site ) windows installer starts up and trys to load
microsoft money as you need the disc for this i keep pressing cancel till it
goes away.happens on loads of shortcuts but not all..when i run reg mechanic
i get c:\prog files\microsoft office\office\1033\set.up.hlp..should i
reinstall xp or can you do a reboot in safe mode which will cure this or is
it something else..would be very grateful for any reply.....cheers nicko
should require any other information please let me know
1 answer Last reply
More about windows installer microsoft money

    How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555175&Product=winxp

    Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

    Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
    Item No. 94 (Windows Installer Fix).

    [Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "whipleg" wrote:

    | hi there- i have just recently started to have problems with my dell pc..on
    | certain desktop short cuts and even on web links ( it happened when i went to
    | post a message on this site ) windows installer starts up and trys to load
    | microsoft money as you need the disc for this i keep pressing cancel till it
    | goes away.happens on loads of shortcuts but not all..when i run reg mechanic
    | i get c:\prog files\microsoft office\office\1033\set.up.hlp..should i
    | reinstall xp or can you do a reboot in safe mode which will cure this or is
    | it something else..would be very grateful for any reply.....cheers nicko
    | should require any other information please let me know

Microsoft Windows XP