EQ2 Which craft should I learn?

Which craft should I learn? I was thinking of learning provisioning but then
I found out that the items I want require me to commit past level 10. I'm
not sure if provisioning has as good a future as, say, making spell
upgrades.

Any thoughts as to which craft(s) have a good chance of high demand? I'm not
so interesting in making armor or weapons.

I'm on Antonia Bayle server.

Of course, I'm sure in a month or so you'll be allowed to specialize in an
additional craft by just paying the extra 'master craftsman subscription
fee' to SOE. ;-)

Vardiss
24 answers Last reply
More about craft learn

    "Vardiss" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in

    > Which craft should I learn? I was thinking of learning provisioning
    > but then I found out that the items I want require me to commit past
    > level 10. I'm not sure if provisioning has as good a future as, say,
    > making spell upgrades.
    >
    > Any thoughts as to which craft(s) have a good chance of high demand?
    > I'm not so interesting in making armor or weapons.
    >
    > I'm on Antonia Bayle server.
    >
    > Of course, I'm sure in a month or so you'll be allowed to specialize
    > in an additional craft by just paying the extra 'master craftsman
    > subscription fee' to SOE. ;-)

    I would expect that most of them are good choices actually, all can be used
    to create very useful items.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 19 Dwarven Shaman, 17 Scholar

    "Vardiss" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in message
    > Which craft should I learn? I was thinking of learning provisioning but
    > then I found out that the items I want require me to commit past level 10.
    > I'm not sure if provisioning has as good a future as, say, making spell
    > upgrades.
    >
    > Any thoughts as to which craft(s) have a good chance of high demand? I'm
    > not so interesting in making armor or weapons.
    >
    > I'm on Antonia Bayle server.
    >
    > Of course, I'm sure in a month or so you'll be allowed to specialize in an
    > additional craft by just paying the extra 'master craftsman subscription
    > fee' to SOE. ;-)
    >
    > Vardiss

    First off you miss spelled "Witchcraft" and it's one word.Also there should
    be a comma in there I think--Witchcraft, should I learn?.
    Or would it be some periods--Witchcraft...should I learn?
    I think to make it more clear it should be--Should I learn witchcraft?
    In any case ,no, you should not learn witchcraft .It could lead you down the
    wrong path.

    (Hehe just kidding)

    Persival wrote:

    > First off you miss spelled "Witchcraft" and it's one word.Also there should
    > be a comma in there I think--Witchcraft, should I learn?.
    > Or would it be some periods--Witchcraft...should I learn?
    > I think to make it more clear it should be--Should I learn witchcraft?
    > In any case ,no, you should not learn witchcraft .It could lead you down the
    > wrong path.

    This blatant anti wiccan discrimination has to stop; if the poor
    lad had been asking how to learn the Torah, or become an altar boy
    at the local catholic church, or where he could find a copy of the Tao
    of Pooh, would I be hearing this "wrong path" claptrap?

    > (Hehe just kidding)

    Good place for a smilie. (shudders)

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 04:06:58 GMT, "Persival" <noemail@nomail.com>
    wrote:

    >In any case ,no, you should not learn witchcraft .It could lead you down the
    >wrong path.

    Oh, really? And which path would the "wrong one" be? The "not
    Christian" path?

    Wrong path my wiccan ass....

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
    "Door's to your left" -Gord

    Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

    Dark Tyger wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 04:06:58 GMT, "Persival" <noemail@nomail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>In any case ,no, you should not learn witchcraft .It could lead you down the
    >>wrong path.
    >

    > Oh, really? And which path would the "wrong one" be? The "not
    > Christian" path?
    >
    > Wrong path my wiccan ass....

    If it helps, the US army has wiccan chaplains, and several wiccan
    services in the standard training given to all chaplains.

    My wife's father insists, however, that its a cult.

    As an atheist, I'm merely theoretically outraged at hearing a member of
    one religion put down the beliefs of a member of another.

    I do recall, however, with some amusement, that when she came out of the
    broom closet, he said "well at least you aren't an atheist".

    Funny stuff that.

    On the calendar, in the box marked 12/29/2004 4:10 PM ^ Lance Berg
    scratched:

    > I do recall, however, with some amusement, that when she came out of the
    > broom closet, he said "well at least you aren't an atheist".
    >
    > Funny stuff that.

    Better to believe the "wrong thing" than to believe in nothing (per se)?
    Strange indeed.

    Inyidd
    --
    Nyarlathotep casts a spell

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:10:12 -0500, Lance Berg <emporer@dejazzd.com>
    wrote:

    >If it helps, the US army has wiccan chaplains, and several wiccan
    >services in the standard training given to all chaplains.

    Yeah, fortunately our dear president doesn't have the authority to
    unilaterally remove them. After all, he has openly stated that he
    doesn't think Wicca is a "real" religion. All hail the bigot.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
    "Door's to your left" -Gord

    Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

    Witchcraft is what you call the prayers of the other guy's religion. :-)

    "Lance Berg" <emporer@dejazzd.com> wrote in message
    > My wife's father insists, however, that its a cult.

    A cult is just a religion without an army. :-)

    If he's a Protestant then remind him that only a few hundred years ago
    Protestants were heretics and executed.

    Cult really has no meaning except to denigrate another faith.

    In article <gSMAd.4238$F67.2488@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>,
    nomail@nomail.net says...

    > "Lance Berg" <emporer@dejazzd.com> wrote in message
    > > My wife's father insists, however, that its a cult.
    >
    > A cult is just a religion without an army. :-)
    >
    > If he's a Protestant then remind him that only a few hundred years ago
    > Protestants were heretics and executed.
    >
    > Cult really has no meaning except to denigrate another faith.

    The best heuristic I've seen:

    Religion teaches you how to be in the world, while a cult tries to take
    you out of the world. A religion gives its members guidance and support
    in how to survive and get along out in the world. Cults always try to
    isolate their members from the world. Cults want their members to live
    together, usually in isolation, and break off all contact with friends
    or family who aren't also members of the cult.

    ----

    There are some faiths that I personally consider quite cult-like that do
    not fall within the above heuristic, but *every* 'faith' that does fall
    within it I do consider a cult.

    More vague is the notion that religions provide people with a framework
    of beleifs on which to build their lives, while cults systematically
    build "extreme" dependancy and reliance on the cult, usually on the cult
    leader. FWIW Catholiscm may look to the Pope for leadership and
    guidance... but not to the degree that I am trying to convey by 'extreme
    dependancy and reliance'. You'll also note that there is nothing in most
    pagan, druidic, or wiccan traditions that trigger these heuristics.

    I know nothing about Jehovah's Witnesses to say whether they'd trigger
    them, but what I do know about Scientology suggests the 2nd... if it
    qualifies as a religion/cult at all.

    "Vardiss" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in message
    > Which craft should I learn? I was thinking of learning provisioning but
    > then I found out that the items I want require me to commit past level 10.
    > I'm not sure if provisioning has as good a future as, say, making spell
    > upgrades.
    >
    > Any thoughts as to which craft(s) have a good chance of high demand? I'm
    > not so interesting in making armor or weapons.

    I have a 23 Provisioner. Players don't yet understand what good food and
    drink are so sales tend to be pretty slow. However, as average game
    knowledge goes up, I expect it'll be a much better field for me. Meanwhile
    I'm having fun leveling much faster than my adventurer AND having food and
    drink handy. :)

    Provisioning has, I believe, the distinction of being the only class that
    doesn't need the help of any other class. For instance, I also make maple
    strong boxes (people see the use of those right away :) ) and I can't make
    the Iron Sheets...that's an Outfitter recipe (Provisioner is a subclass of
    Craftsman, not Outfitter).

    I tried buying the Outfitter 10 book but it wouldn't let me scribe it. I
    don't know if I did something wrong (I did scribe the scholar 10 book a few
    weeks before) or if Sony fixed that obvious exploit.

    I've told my friend who is interested in wood working (furniture) that I
    think that's going to be THE money-maker when folks start getting cash to
    spend (read: powerlevelers and uberguilders).

    > I have a 23 Provisioner. Players don't yet understand what good food
    and
    > drink are so sales tend to be pretty slow. However, as average game
    > knowledge goes up, I expect it'll be a much better field for me.
    Meanwhile
    > I'm having fun leveling much faster than my adventurer AND having
    food and
    > drink handy. :)

    Problem I have with buying food is that it is lost when u die. Very
    frustrating.

    > I've told my friend who is interested in wood working (furniture)
    that I
    > think that's going to be THE money-maker when folks start getting
    cash to
    > spend (read: powerlevelers and uberguilders).

    Probably but right now most ppl aren't interesting in doing up there
    home.

    People will always need armour, weapons & scrolls. Problem is the
    market might get saturated.

    > I don't lose my food either?... Only things I lose are all the buffs
    which
    > include the automatic eat/drink ones. But all I have to do is find
    them in
    > my inventory again and re-select them...Not sure what he's talking
    about.

    You loose the ones you are currently consuming. So if you if have just
    eaten/drunk one you
    lose it without getting much benefits.

    My char auto consume food/drink if you select the drink then
    thirsty/eat when hungry option. Even after dieing.

    So, if run into some major problems you can consume a whole lot of
    food/drink real quick with no major benefits.

    Dan Harmon wrote:

    > I have a 23 Provisioner. Players don't yet understand what good food
    and
    > drink are so sales tend to be pretty slow. However, as average game
    > knowledge goes up, I expect it'll be a much better field for me.
    Meanwhile
    > I'm having fun leveling much faster than my adventurer AND having
    food and
    > drink handy. :)

    I believe a lot of people understand the benefits of food and drink -
    but quit shopping for it. Between the holidy foods/drinks (which are
    really good for the price, even with the 30min duration and only T3-T4
    regen rates) and the insane prices people are charging (T2 drinks for
    5s and T4 for 17s as of the last weekend in 2004) people just quit
    looking for them on brokers. I found that selling T3 stuff for 1s25c
    (and still making an insane profit) tends to go pretty fast.

    "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in

    >> I have a 23 Provisioner. Players don't yet understand what good food
    >> and drink are so sales tend to be pretty slow. However, as average
    >> game knowledge goes up, I expect it'll be a much better field for me.
    >> Meanwhile I'm having fun leveling much faster than my adventurer AND
    >> having food and drink handy. :)
    >
    > Problem I have with buying food is that it is lost when u die. Very
    > frustrating.

    That is odd, I never lose my food or drink when I die...

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Shaman, 19 Scholar

    "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in
    >
    >>> I have a 23 Provisioner. Players don't yet understand what good food
    >>> and drink are so sales tend to be pretty slow. However, as average
    >>> game knowledge goes up, I expect it'll be a much better field for me.
    >>> Meanwhile I'm having fun leveling much faster than my adventurer AND
    >>> having food and drink handy. :)
    >>
    >> Problem I have with buying food is that it is lost when u die. Very
    >> frustrating.
    >
    > That is odd, I never lose my food or drink when I die...

    I don't lose my food either?... Only things I lose are all the buffs which
    include the automatic eat/drink ones. But all I have to do is find them in
    my inventory again and re-select them...Not sure what he's talking about.

    LoonBoon

    >> I don't lose my food either?... Only things I lose are all the buffs
    >> which include the automatic eat/drink ones. But all I have to do is
    >> find them in my inventory again and re-select them...Not sure what
    >> he's talking about.
    >
    > You loose the ones you are currently consuming. So if you if have just
    > eaten/drunk one you
    > lose it without getting much benefits.
    >
    > My char auto consume food/drink if you select the drink then
    > thirsty/eat when hungry option. Even after dieing.
    >
    > So, if run into some major problems you can consume a whole lot of
    > food/drink real quick with no major benefits.

    Well, don't die so much. :b

    Honestly, I have not had any issues with it. It's pretty rare to die
    more than a couple times in a night.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar

    > "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in
    >
    >>> I don't lose my food either?... Only things I lose are all the buffs
    >>> which include the automatic eat/drink ones. But all I have to do is
    >>> find them in my inventory again and re-select them...Not sure what
    >>> he's talking about.
    >>
    >> You loose the ones you are currently consuming. So if you if have just
    >> eaten/drunk one you
    >> lose it without getting much benefits.
    >>
    >> My char auto consume food/drink if you select the drink then
    >> thirsty/eat when hungry option. Even after dieing.
    >>
    >> So, if run into some major problems you can consume a whole lot of
    >> food/drink real quick with no major benefits.
    >>

    > Well, don't die so much. :b
    >
    > Honestly, I have not had any issues with it. It's pretty rare to die
    > more than a couple times in a night.

    Depends how wreckless, adventurous one is. But I must agree even as a
    provisioner it is pretty annoying if you lose for eg a 1hr45min buff of food
    and drink a couple of times in quick succesion trying to get to a hard
    corpse and you are running low in the backpack.

    But then of course death should not be forgiving ))

    ATB
    Grimchrim (Runnyeye)

    "The Chris" <chris_barryNOSPAMGIT@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in

    > "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >> "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in

    >>> You loose the ones you are currently consuming. So if you if have
    >>> just eaten/drunk one you
    >>> lose it without getting much benefits.
    >>>
    >>> My char auto consume food/drink if you select the drink then
    >>> thirsty/eat when hungry option. Even after dieing.
    >>>
    >>> So, if run into some major problems you can consume a whole lot of
    >>> food/drink real quick with no major benefits.
    >>>

    >> Well, don't die so much. :b
    >>
    >> Honestly, I have not had any issues with it. It's pretty rare to die
    >> more than a couple times in a night.
    >

    > Depends how wreckless, adventurous one is. But I must agree even as a
    > provisioner it is pretty annoying if you lose for eg a 1hr45min buff
    > of food and drink a couple of times in quick succesion trying to get
    > to a hard corpse and you are running low in the backpack.
    >
    > But then of course death should not be forgiving ))

    I am not a provisioner, so, it's actually more annoying for me, as I have
    to actually pay a fair amount of cash for those provisions. I still have
    no issues with it, I do explore a lot, and try out mobs to see if I can
    take them, and yet, I am just not bothered by this. You always have the
    option of swapping changing your food and drink before you die, or if you
    know you are trying something stupidly reckless.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar

    Does gobbling down extra food help in any way except that you don't have to
    worry about it?

    Thanks for that tip about provisioners not being reliant on others. That's a
    plus. Which being translated means: sure to be nerfed. :-)

    Vardiss

    On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 03:15:04 GMT, "Vardiss" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote:

    >Thanks for that tip about provisioners not being reliant on others. That's a
    >plus. Which being translated means: sure to be nerfed. :-)

    Nah, lower potential demand for/value of items crafted kinda balances
    that out.

    --

    > "The Chris" <chris_barryNOSPAMGIT@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    >

    >> "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >>> "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in

    <snip>
    > I am not a provisioner, so, it's actually more annoying for me, as I have
    > to actually pay a fair amount of cash for those provisions. I still have
    > no issues with it, I do explore a lot, and try out mobs to see if I can
    > take them, and yet, I am just not bothered by this. You always have the
    > option of swapping changing your food and drink before you die, or if you
    > know you are trying something stupidly reckless.

    My provisioner is up to 27 now. I've started making Fayberry Milks (tier
    3). The top quality lasts 3:22 hours. I have had no problem selling the
    lesser versions (minimum time 2:45 or thereabouts) for 30s each. If I ever
    feel bored enough to fight with the keg/stove to get more of the top
    quality, I might start selling it. If so, it'll be around 40s each until I
    start getting competition (food goes for a LOT less...like 2s).

    Now, imagine if you will consuming one of these pricy babies a minute before
    your puller brings in a few extra adds and you die...? :p

    --
    EQ: Binnen 65+ enc - Zeb
    EQ2: Cyro 20+ shaman - Kith

    >Now, imagine if you will consuming one of these pricy babies a minute
    before
    >your puller brings in a few extra adds and you die...? :p

    Which is why I've decided to make an alt a Provisioner. So, I can
    make a drink for 12c or buy it for 12s. Hmmm bit of a no brainier
    really.

    >>Now, imagine if you will consuming one of these pricy babies a minute
    >>before your puller brings in a few extra adds and you die...? :p
    >
    > Which is why I've decided to make an alt a Provisioner. So, I can
    > make a drink for 12c or buy it for 12s. Hmmm bit of a no brainier
    > really.

    Yes, working on the same myself. He is a level 10 craftsman so far, ready
    to make tier 2 food/drink anyway.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>