The_Gunslinger

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2005
Hey all. I have been trying for two days now to re-install DirectX 9.0c on my PC. I feel like I've tried everything, but nothing seems to solve the problem. My ddraw.dll file is missing. My DirectX version is 4.09.0000.0904. I have tried re-downloading 9.0c end user and installing, 9.0c redist and installing, and also other ddraw.ll files but none of them seem to match my DX version. If someone could please give me some instructions as to how to go about re-installing I would really appreciate it. Also, if I were to reset my pc to factory default and reinstall XP would this file still be missing? Thanks.

"We deal in lead."

The_Gunslinger

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2005
Anyone? I'd really appreciate any insight. Frustration has probably made me overlook something simple. Thanks.

"We deal in lead."

riser

Illustrious
I don't normally read the forums after 5pm eastern time. I normally go through during the work day, 8-5 M-F.

Anyhow, a quick search pulled up this information.

<A HREF="http://www.winxpfix.com/Windows-Software-Page123.htm" target="_new"> link to possible fix </A>

Basically, your version was put out with SP2 it seems. You'll want to install Dx9c while in Safe Mode so it can overwrite select files. Doing a system restore might fix it, but it's hard to say as I don't know off hand if System Restore defines DirectX as system files.

You should try the install while in safe mode... let me know if it doesn't work.