Minimized Windows

I have Windows XP and when I minimize 2 or more open windows they go to the
bottom of the screen as they should, but they stack on top of each other now,
which is something that did not happen before. Does anyone know how to make
them line up side by side as they used to do instead of stacking on top of
each other? This is really annoying!!!

Thanks for your assistance.
6 answers Last reply
More about minimized windows

    Hi, Gman.

    Right-click on a blank part of the Taskbar. Make sure that Lock the Taskbar
    is not checked. Then click Properties | Taskbar and remove the check from
    Group similar taskbar buttons. Then, if you like, you can Lock the Taskbar.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "gman" <gman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Windows XP and when I minimize 2 or more open windows they go to the
    > bottom of the screen as they should, but they stack on top of each other
    > now,
    > which is something that did not happen before. Does anyone know how to
    > make
    > them line up side by side as they used to do instead of stacking on top of
    > each other? This is really annoying!!!
    >
    > Thanks for your assistance.

    Hi, RC,

    Thanks for reply.

    I unchecked the features you selected a while back because I do like the
    taskbar locked and I want to be able to arrange my icons in the taskbar as I
    wished, not as Microsoft thought logical!! LOL So, I don' think either of
    those are the problem. I will place a check back in the Group Similar box
    to see if there is a flaw in programming that has the icons being arranged,
    but then prevents the minimized windows from stacking!

    Gman

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:03:02 -0800, "gman" <gman@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote:

    >I have Windows XP and when I minimize 2 or more open windows they go to the
    >bottom of the screen as they should, but they stack on top of each other now,
    >which is something that did not happen before. Does anyone know how to make
    >them line up side by side as they used to do instead of stacking on top of
    >each other? This is really annoying!!!
    >
    >Thanks for your assistance.

    Taskbar - Properties - Uncheck "Group similar taskbar buttons".

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck

    Hi, Chuck,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I did this long ago because I wanted to arrange my icons in the taskbar in
    the order I wanted them to be, not Microsoft's impression of what is logical.
    LOL So, this does not resolve the problem. The minimized windows are
    located above the taskbar. Maybe I should state, also, that I am refering to
    web site pages that have been minimized.

    gman

    gman wrote:
    > I have Windows XP and when I minimize 2 or more open windows they go
    > to the bottom of the screen as they should, but they stack on top of
    > each other now, which is something that did not happen before. Does
    > anyone know how to make them line up side by side as they used to do
    > instead of stacking on top of each other? This is really annoying!!!
    >
    > Thanks for your assistance.

    Right click the taskbar, uncheck Cascade Windows, check Tile
    Horizontally.

    Hi, Q,

    Thanks for reply. Nothing is checked in Taskbar as I did not want windows
    to cascade. But, I will try later your suggesiton to click 'tile
    horizontally' to see if that works.

    gman

    "Quaoar" wrote:

    > gman wrote:
    > > I have Windows XP and when I minimize 2 or more open windows they go
    > > to the bottom of the screen as they should, but they stack on top of
    > > each other now, which is something that did not happen before. Does
    > > anyone know how to make them line up side by side as they used to do
    > > instead of stacking on top of each other? This is really annoying!!!
    > >
    > > Thanks for your assistance.
    >
    > Right click the taskbar, uncheck Cascade Windows, check Tile
    > Horizontally.

Microsoft Windows XP