booting up error

March 28, 2005 11:11:02 PM

i just put my new ethernet card where old 56k modem use to be and now every
time i turn my computer on it says your cpu is unworkable or has been
changed. its not unworkable but how do i get that message to go away.
Thanks
--
hi

More about : booting error

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 8:44:30 AM

"Sanchez" <Sanchez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i just put my new ethernet card where old 56k modem use to be and now every
>time i turn my computer on it says your cpu is unworkable or has been
>changed. its not unworkable but how do i get that message to go away.
>Thanks

Remove the network card and see if the message goes away. If it does
then try reinstalling the network card and try to use a different slot
this time.

This message appears to be a hardware error from the BIOS Power On
Self Test functions and if it is then it has nothing to do with
Windows.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--