booting up error

i just put my new ethernet card where old 56k modem use to be and now every
time i turn my computer on it says your cpu is unworkable or has been
changed. its not unworkable but how do i get that message to go away.
Thanks
--
hi
1 answer Last reply

    "Sanchez" <Sanchez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >i just put my new ethernet card where old 56k modem use to be and now every
    >time i turn my computer on it says your cpu is unworkable or has been
    >changed. its not unworkable but how do i get that message to go away.
    >Thanks

    Remove the network card and see if the message goes away. If it does
    then try reinstalling the network card and try to use a different slot
    this time.

    This message appears to be a hardware error from the BIOS Power On
    Self Test functions and if it is then it has nothing to do with
    Windows.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --