Sign in with
Your question

Help with pixel precision (for fps games)

Last response: in Video Games
December 29, 2011 9:49:31 PM

Hi, I recently built a new computer and have began getting into PC gaming and I used to game exclusively on the xbox. Anyways, my favorite genre is fps and it is extremely frustrating that the mouse seems to skip pixels. I confirmed that the mouse was skipping pixel by going in to paint and it often moves by two pixels instead of one. Even worse, sometimes it skips a larger amount (usually 5-10). I was wondering how you can make your mouse more "pixel precise" because it makes shooters harder and look choppy even though it is running at 60+ frames per second. Thanks :) 

I have windows 7
Razer imperator with 6400 dpi
windows mouse sensitivity is 6-11 (right in the middle)

I think it might be a registry thing but I'm not sure.

I could pull up some of the mouse registry values if need be.
December 29, 2011 10:34:59 PM

lower the sensitivity if it's too fast for you
m
l
December 29, 2011 10:38:04 PM

Its not the sensitivity. In game I set it to lowest since I have a high dpi and windows is default. Messing with windows sensitivity makes it worse.
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2011 10:38:56 PM

As in the mouse skips more pixels even if I lower the windows sensitivity. Also, I read its best if you don't mess with it.
m
l
December 30, 2011 12:25:35 AM

you read that you best don't adjust the settings on your hardware? wow, that must be like reading something about not locking doors in your car...
m
l
December 31, 2011 12:16:47 AM

I know Razers mouse drivers have there own sensitivity setting outside of windows. It should come up if you click the razor icon in the notification tray. Try changing that instead of the windows settings. You could also try turning down the DPI and upping the sensitivity.
m
l
December 31, 2011 2:36:39 AM

set the mouse to the highest dpi in the mouses own controls from razer then turn down the mouses overall speed in the windows own mouse control.. this will make the mouse read every pixel like it was 4 times bigger and hopefully reduce the skipping. if that doesn't help then check for a firmware update... it may have been updated to fix skipping since the mouse was first issued.

1 other thing if you can adjust the x,y sensetivity independantly and you have a 16/9 monitor then max out the x sensetivity and put the y on abot 2/3rds of max.
this will force the mouse to work in a rectangle rather than square and should help with overall precision.
m
l
December 31, 2011 3:21:36 AM

HEXiT said:
set the mouse to the highest dpi in the mouses own controls from razer then turn down the mouses overall speed in the windows own mouse control.. this will make the mouse read every pixel like it was 4 times bigger and hopefully reduce the skipping. if that doesn't help then check for a firmware update... it may have been updated to fix skipping since the mouse was first issued.

1 other thing if you can adjust the x,y sensetivity independantly and you have a 16/9 monitor then max out the x sensetivity and put the y on abot 2/3rds of max.
this will force the mouse to work in a rectangle rather than square and should help with overall precision.

How do you adjust the x and y sensitivity independently?
m
l
December 31, 2011 4:35:11 AM

under the x,y sliders there should be a independent x/y checkbox in the sensitivity pullout. if all the razer mouse panels use the same format.

m
l
!