Windows 7

vahab_2004

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
hi
i want to make texts larger in windows seven. when i change the DPI percent the font don't become larger or become just too little larger or the display contrast become bad.
i it any tip to make text larger in windows 7 with out these problems?

thx all.

Larger text = more fuzziness aruond the edges. The only way you can avoid that is to run at a lower resolution on a good LCD monitor with good scaling or a CRT monitor. Lower resolution will make everything larger, but will make it a bit less sharp and crisp.

Not true. If it was true then characters in a larger font size would be fuzzier.

What you're saying only applies if you set your video card to a resolution that's lower than the monitor. It doesn't apply if you change the Windows DPI setting or if you choose a different text display size as suggested by Cassandra.

This all depends on how the fonts are set. If you increase your icon text size, it will be less sharp.

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to here. Are you talking about choosing larger icons in Windows Explorer? If so, the icon graphic itself may get fuzzier, but the text associated with them (the file name, for example) will still be sharp.

And even the icons will be sharp if whoever created them provided higher-resolution versions of them. For example open up "Computer" and choose "Extra Large Icons" and you'll see very nice, large, sharp disk drive icons.