standby button( ie hibernate) is not active. To be activated

In the box containing STAND BY , SHUTDOWN, RESTART I unable to choose
standby because that button is fully dull and not responding. When I go to
power options and see in the dropdown choice, there is no mention of words
STANDBY OR HIBERNATION. I want this choice tobe activated to save power.
1 answer Last reply
More about standby button hibernate active activated

    The lack of a Standby button indicates you are using XP's
    generic VGA drivers.

    Your video adapter drivers probably need to be reinstalled.
    Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of your video
    card adapter and download the latest drivers.

    Before installing them, uninstall the old drivers. In your
    Control Panel, open the Add or Remove Programs applet
    and look for your video drivers to uninstall.

    If you happen to have a notebook computer, visit the notebook
    manufacturer's support website to download the correct video
    adapter drivers for your specific notebook model.

    After installing a fresh set of drivers, right-click on your
    desktop and select Properties > Settings, change the Color
    Quality to "Highest (32 bit), then adjust your Screen Resolution
    to your liking, then click on Apply.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "S. P. Madan" wrote:

    | In the box containing STAND BY , SHUTDOWN, RESTART I unable to choose
    | standby because that button is fully dull and not responding. When I go to
    | power options and see in the dropdown choice, there is no mention of words
    | STANDBY OR HIBERNATION. I want this choice tobe activated to save power.

Internet Explorer Hibernate Power Windows XP