theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
hi i got a segate 160GB and i got 2 partition on it, one is 128 GB (C) and one is 21 GB (E, windows drive), and i'd like to know how can i partition the 128 GB (C) into 10 GB (C), 10 GB (F), 8 GB (G), 50 GB (H) and 50 GB (I)

riser

Illustrious
When you install windows, it'll give you an option. Boot to the Windows CD, it'll ask you about partitions. Follow directions, you can make all the partitions your heart desires.

You REALLY shouldn't need all those partitions.

pat

Expert
No.. he really need them.. let it go. he is entertaining the whole forum with its stupidity..

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
If you make 5 10-GIG partitions out of remainder, you can software RAID 0 them and have a sreamer!!!!

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

pat

Expert
Well, if you are happy with that then ok. But, you see, when you have to reformat you windows partition to reinstall, then you have to reinstall all of your game too.. and your apps..

I rather have a bigger partition, for Windows and apps and games.. So, when I format, then I not only get rid of windows, but a lot of unused apps and game that sit there and slow down the whole thing.

but, this is rather about the guy, not about the partition... You should have followed a bit more what happened in this forum lately.

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I like partition because it’s more organize for me. Plus I use images, so I shouldn’t have to format. I can just use an image if I had to for some reason, plus my games/apps will still be there and an image takes less then 10 minutes to make. I think the question is do you really have to format. I haven’t in two years and just done so lately, because I wanted to reorganize, but I didn’t have to. Again does time slow your PC down? I had windows for two years and to be honest I didn’t notice any speed increase after I formatted, at least not enough to justifying reloading everything, unless you like doing that. After a while that gets old. I change my video card from a Nvidia to an ATI, back to a Nvidia and don’t even use virus protection and haven’t had a single problem, at least nothing a format would correct. Hack I haven’t even had to fall back on an image. I just know if something did go wrong that I could count on an image to get me back on my feet in 10 minutes, then to have to reinstall the OS and apps. Different stocks for different folks.

RichPLS

Champion
Bunches of partitions died in the end of the DOS age...
But hey, your old school, rock on dude!

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

I was told you can't raid partitions? I'd be pleased if you could!¬ Pray tell...

riser

Illustrious
Wait, you can partition a hard drive??

All this time I've been using other hard drives and thought those were partitions?!

I just use a second hard drive for storage for things that don't embed into windows.. when i built my new computer, I just moved the hard drive over and had everything I needed.

RichPLS

Champion
Of course people lie, just not all alone like you do, I prefer soft and supple members of the opposite sex to lie with..