VAIO PS wiring

scoottmandoo

Distinguished
May 15, 2003
Does anyone know if Sony uses a wiring scheme for their power supplies other than the standard? I was just wondering because I know that Dell and other companies have done similar things. I have an ASUS mobo in it now but I think it was made for OEMs. I want to replace it with a newer ASUS board and I don't want to fry it as soon as I plug it in. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The last VIAO boards I took an interest in were Asus P2B-1394's, and those WERE standard boards. I don't believe Sony has changed, their simply a tier one BUILDER, they buy their parts and unlike Dell, save money where possible by using mostly standard stuff.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, but I believe they still use standard boards, drives, etc.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>