at psu voltages

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
the old at psus only supplied 5 and 12 volts correct? so technicaly i could splice the power from an atx power supply to power an at board? maybe?

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, but where I live AT power supplies have no value, so I'd just use one instead of throwing it in the garbage, rather than modify an ATX supply.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
well i only have one at power supply, and a but load of atx power suplies. i thought i broke it when i modded it for a project. turned out i just had some loose solder joints.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Around here 486 and Pentium 1 systems with AT power supplies are pleantifull, you just grab a PSU before it hits the truck.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wow, gee, picking up a PC from the curbside IS stealing! It shouldn't be, but hey, this is a liberalized, er, bizaro society. People complain about trash, go to recycling drives, etc, then refuse to let you save a PC part from the landfill...

Anyway, steal from your local dealer's junk, durring midday, he'll LOVE you!

TRENDING THREADS